Include Macro not showing documents as expected

Include Macro not showing documents as expected

Belkhiria Hamza Yazid
Good morning

I just discovered how useful can be Include Macro :)

still it  only works when the document Dashboard.Webhome is included,

{{include document="Dashboard.WebHome" context="new"/}}

Other documents do not show up when i try.

I am not sure if this is due to the Macro itself or to problems within the
structure like duplicated pages/ spaces or unclear view of parents child
relations

Thank you,
Best Regards,

--
*BHY*

Re: Include Macro not showing documents as expected

Belkhiria Hamza Yazid
Problem solved :)

the true paths to use should be the ones stated by the browser !

but now I am looking for a solution to just add the first Intro section of
the page (whithout having to add a title to it if possible)

Thank you,
Best Regards

--
*BHY*

Re: Include Macro not showing documents as expected

rrodriguezIDIS
Hi!

> ______________________________________

Include Macro is extensively used throughout XWiki default pages themselves. If you have installed the default XAR, check/edit for instance any user's document and will find Include calling XWikiUserSheet this way...

{{include document="XWiki.XWikiUserSheet"/}}

Thus, if you are enjoying XWiki, you are also enjoying Include macro!

Are you receiving any error?

For instance: please, just check if you have access rights in the document you are including. If you haven't access rights, you'll read...

Failed to execute the [include] macro
Caused by: org.xwiki.rendering.macro.MacroExecutionException: Current user doesn't have view rights on document

HTH!

--
*BHY*

Nota: A información contida nesta mensaxe e os seus posibles documentos adxuntos é privada e confidencial e está dirixida únicamente ó seu destinatario/a. Se vostede non é o/a destinatario/a orixinal desta mensaxe, por favor elimínea. A distribución ou copia desta mensaxe non está autorizada.

Nota: La información contenida en este mensaje y sus posibles documentos adjuntos es privada y confidencial y está dirigida únicamente a su destinatario/a. Si usted no es el/la destinatario/a original de este mensaje, por favor elimínelo. La distribución o copia de este mensaje no está autorizada.

See more languages: http://www.sergas.es/aviso_confidencialidad.htm
Ricardo Rodríguez
Research Management and Promotion Technician
Technical Secretariat
Health Research Institute of Santiago de Compostela (IDIS)
http://www.idisantiago.es

Re: Include Macro not showing documents as expected

rrodriguezIDIS
:-)

Well, I think it is better to state: you must use the couple space.document to include any document in your wiki by using Include Macro! Much better, check this...

http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Include+Macro

Cheers!

http://www.idisantiago.es

Re: Include Macro not showing documents as expected

rrodriguezIDIS
Hi!

Check section parameter here...

http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Include+Macro

Check this to control headers and any other document item using CSS...

http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Skin+Extension+Plugin

To hide h1, here you have the simplest CSS entry for your XWiki.StyleSheetExtension object

#document-title h1 {
  display:none;
}

Two other really interesting utilities:

1) If you are usign Chrome, don't forget Developer Tools available in the Tools menu
2) If you are using Firefox, Firebug is your friend!

> well technically by adding an empty header it works
>
> just tried it with adding this on top "== =="
> and choose then section option should be
> section= "H"
>
> just one more detail, i am not seeing difference between context new and
> current

Well, if you don't use values of variables set in the current or included pages, you won't appreciate any difference between both options.

HTH,

Ricardo