Including password-protected external content

Including password-protected external content

Jamal
New to XWiki, and I have a scripting question:

If I want to use the Include External Content snippet to include password-protected content from another site via an API call, but I don't want the API token to show up in the page source on my XWiki site, what's the best way to conceal it?

For example, can I stash it as a variable in a config file somewhere and call it form there?