IntelleJ Errors

wafid
hello.

when I try to build xwiki-platform in IntelliJ I get this error :

/home/wafid/xwiki-intelliJ/xwiki-platform-xwiki-platform-5.4.5/xwiki-platform-core/xwiki-platform-test/src/main/java/org/xwiki/test/ui/TestUtils.java
Error:(62, 33) java: package org.xwiki.rest.model.jaxb does not exist
Error:(63, 33) java: package org.xwiki.rest.model.jaxb does not exist
Error:(119, 20) java: cannot find symbol
  symbol:   class ObjectFactory
  location: class org.xwiki.test.ui.TestUtils
Error:(130, 37) java: cannot find symbol
  symbol:   class ObjectFactory
  location: class org.xwiki.test.ui.TestUtils
Error:(1020, 9) java: cannot find symbol
  symbol:   class Xwiki
  location: class org.xwiki.test.ui.TestUtils

help;

Re: IntelleJ Errors

Marius Dumitru Florea
The module that fails, xwiki-platform-test, depends on the
xwiki-platform-rest-model and for some reason your IDE doesn't find
this dependency. Please read (again)
http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Community/Building , especially
the part about configuring the XWiki custom Maven remote repositories.

On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 4:16 PM, wafid
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> hello.
>
> when I try to build xwiki-platform in IntelliJ I get this error :
>
> /home/wafid/xwiki-intelliJ/xwiki-platform-xwiki-platform-5.4.5/xwiki-platform-core/xwiki-platform-test/src/main/java/org/xwiki/test/ui/TestUtils.java
> Error:(62, 33) java: package org.xwiki.rest.model.jaxb does not exist
> Error:(63, 33) java: package org.xwiki.rest.model.jaxb does not exist
> Error:(119, 20) java: cannot find symbol
>   symbol:   class ObjectFactory
>   location: class org.xwiki.test.ui.TestUtils
> Error:(130, 37) java: cannot find symbol
>   symbol:   class ObjectFactory
>   location: class org.xwiki.test.ui.TestUtils
> Error:(1020, 9) java: cannot find symbol
>   symbol:   class Xwiki
>   location: class org.xwiki.test.ui.TestUtils
>

> help;

Re: IntelleJ Errors

wafid

hello.
thank you for your reply but :

I can not build xwiki.

is that there is an order to build the modules?

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> hello.
>
> when I try to build xwiki-platform in IntelliJ I get this error :
>
> /home/wafid/xwiki-intelliJ/xwiki-platform-xwiki-platform-5.4.5/xwiki-platform-core/xwiki-platform-test/src/main/java/org/xwiki/test/ui/TestUtils.java
> Error:(62, 33) java: package org.xwiki.rest.model.jaxb does not exist
> Error:(63, 33) java: package org.xwiki.rest.model.jaxb does not exist
> Error:(119, 20) java: cannot find symbol
>   symbol:   class ObjectFactory
>   location: class org.xwiki.test.ui.TestUtils
> Error:(130, 37) java: cannot find symbol
>   symbol:   class ObjectFactory
>   location: class org.xwiki.test.ui.TestUtils
> Error:(1020, 9) java: cannot find symbol
>   symbol:   class Xwiki
>   location: class org.xwiki.test.ui.TestUtils
>

> help;

Re: IntelleJ Errors

Paul Libbrecht-2
Walid,

try doing it all from the command line first.
Make sure you have changed your ~/.m2/settings.xml first, of course.
Report command-line-build-errors here… many people are Maven experts here. UIs such as IntelliJ idea (which I love and use) are a tick more unpredictable but the maven plugin is doing an excellent job of making sure the successful command-line experience will be successful at UI level (of course, provided you reloaded the pom.xml from time to time).

Then doing it in intelliJ is kind of guaranteed to work.

paul

Le 11 juin 2014 à 10:52, wafid <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> hello.
> thank you for your reply but :
>
> I can not build xwiki.
>
> is that there is an order to build the modules?

Re: IntelleJ Errors

wafid
thanks for all.

changed the file: ~ / .m2/settings.xml means the code indicate in the page:
http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Community/Building ?

i did it.

I started with 5.4.5 xwiki-platform module.

I did the following :
open IntelliJ
open project.
choose pom.xml