Quantcast

Interest in contributing to XWiki

Konrad Djimeli
Hello,

My name is Konrad Djimeli a third year Computer Science Student at the
University of Buea, Cameroon. I am interested in contributing to XWiki
and I would like to work on the Google Summer of Code project
"DokuWiki importer". I am very comfortable working with Java and I
have experience developing an X3D(XML
file format) importer for BRLCAD during the Google Summer of Code 2015.

I am currently familiarizing myself with the resources provided for
this project and I am looking forward to making some initial
contributions to the community by submitting some patches. I would
also appreciate any suggestions that could help me better familiarize
myself with the project.

Thanks
Konrad
http://djimeli.me/

Re: Interest in contributing to XWiki

Hi Konrad,

Glad to finally see someone interested in this project :)

The first thing for GSOC student is to look at
http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/GoogleSummerOfCode/Guidelines.

For this project a good resource is probably the MediaWiki importer
that I did recently and which is probably very close to what will be
needed for Dokuwiki importer. See
https://github.com/xwiki-contrib/mediawiki/ and
http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/MediaWiki/.

One contribution idea that could get you started is
https://jira.xwiki.org/browse/MEDIAWIKI-63 which is easy to do but
only when you know well the MediaWiki importer and Filter API.

Welcome in the XWiki community :)