Intro and Question

Lawrence Tilly
Greetings.

I have been using TWiki for about a year and wanted to move over to
XWiki.  By profession I have been supporting Apache, IBM IHS, IBM
WebSphere & WebSphere Portal and a few other middleware technologies
for several years now.

At home I'm setting up an instnace of Geronimo and want to run XWiki
under that ( within it's Tomcat container ).  I'm new to both Geronimo
and XWiki as specific technologies, as mentioned above I'm not new to
the general technologies of either.  I was wondering if anyone on this
list is already running XWiki under Geronimo and may be able to help
if I start hitting any issues I can't work thru?

advTHANKSance!
-Lawrence

Re: Intro and Question

Ludovic Dubost

Hi Lawrence,

I've been a user of TWiki and J2EE for years also before writing XWiki !
I don't recall anybody talking about running XWiki in Geronimi, however
XWiki only needs a standard servlet container and has a primary target
of Tomcat. If there are any issues they should only be about the
configuration.

Ludovic

Lawrence Tilly a écrit :

> Greetings.
>
> I have been using TWiki for about a year and wanted to move over to
> XWiki.  By profession I have been supporting Apache, IBM IHS, IBM
> WebSphere & WebSphere Portal and a few other middleware technologies
> for several years now.
>
> At home I'm setting up an instnace of Geronimo and want to run XWiki
> under that ( within it's Tomcat container ).  I'm new to both Geronimo
> and XWiki as specific technologies, as mentioned above I'm not new to
> the general technologies of either.  I was wondering if anyone on this
> list is already running XWiki under Geronimo and may be able to help
> if I start hitting any issues I can't work thru?
>
> advTHANKSance!
> -Lawrence

Re: Intro and Question

Lawrence Tilly
Thanks for the reply ( sorry I didn't see it for a few days ).  The
last time I had a chance to work on this it looked like the Geronimo
installation was not setting it up under it's Tomcat container
correctly.  For now I'm just going to run a flat Tomcat w/ XWiki until
I have a chance to play more with the right way to get it going under
my Geronimo server.

Is there any automated process in place ( or in plans ) to move a
TWiki site to XWiki?  I wouldn't mind loosing all the revision history
but would love to have a simple way to convert my most current pages
into the database format XWiki wants rather than having to recreate
the topology and copy/paste several dozen pages.

( don't get me wrong...I'm REALLY excited about getting going on
XWiki...I just can't break from TWiki easily without a migration ).

-L

On 12/27/05, Ludovic Dubost <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Lawrence,
>
> I've been a user of TWiki and J2EE for years also before writing XWiki !
> I don't recall anybody talking about running XWiki in Geronimi, however
> XWiki only needs a standard servlet container and has a primary target
> of Tomcat. If there are any issues they should only be about the
> configuration.
>
> Ludovic

Re: Intro and Question

No there is not really any automated process to import from existing wikis
Any way involved a certain amount of coding

Ludovic