Introduction & Newbie

mua rachmann
Hi there xwiki devs,

I am Mua from Cameroon. I study computer engineering where i offer as major
software engineering. I am a lover of open source and would love to
contribute to xwiki. Here is my github link https://github.com/muarachmann

I have been around open source for a year now and familiar to the way it
works. I am kind of lost with xwiki to my suprise (lol). I would really
love to contribute to this organization and help increase my skills.

My skill set is python, C, html, css , php, javascript and a little of
java.
I have a few questions with regards to xwiki.

1. Does it works like wiki.
2. How can i setup a dev environment for xwiki. I am on MacOS
3. I forked this repo https://github.com/muarachmann/xwiki-platform to
begin contributions but i am lost

Regards,
Mua

Re: Introduction & Newbie

Hi Mua,

> On 2 May 2019, at 11:55, Mua Rachmann <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi there xwiki devs,
>
> I am Mua from Cameroon. I study computer engineering where i offer as major
> software engineering. I am a lover of open source and would love to
> contribute to xwiki. Here is my github link https://github.com/muarachmann
>
> I have been around open source for a year now and familiar to the way it
> works. I am kind of lost with xwiki to my suprise (lol).

Why are you lost compared to other open source software development?

> I would really
> love to contribute to this organization and help increase my skills.
>
> My skill set is python, C, html, css , php, javascript and a little of
> java.

XWiki is coded mostly in Java and javascript/html/Css for the front end part.

It’s a wiki yes. See https://xwiki.org.

> 2. How can i setup a dev environment for xwiki. I am on MacOS

See https://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Community/Building/

The trick to find information is to google. If you do you should find plenty of information.

> 3. I forked this repo https://github.com/muarachmann/xwiki-platform to
> begin contributions but i am lost

Did you google ‘xwiki contribute’ for ex?

If you do, you’ll find https://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Community/Contributing

And https://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Onboarding/

Welcome to the XWiki community! :)

> Regards,
> Mua

Re: Introduction & Newbie

mua rachmann
On Thu, May 2, 2019 at 11:01 AM Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Mua,
>
> > On 2 May 2019, at 11:55, Mua Rachmann <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi there xwiki devs,
> >
> > I am Mua from Cameroon. I study computer engineering where i offer as
> major
> > software engineering. I am a lover of open source and would love to
> > contribute to xwiki. Here is my github link
> https://github.com/muarachmann
> >
> > I have been around open source for a year now and familiar to the way it
> > works. I am kind of lost with xwiki to my suprise (lol).
>
> Why are you lost compared to other open source software development?

I really don't know but it was difficult for me to walk my way around and
build the platform.

> > I would really
> > love to contribute to this organization and help increase my skills.
> >
> > My skill set is python, C, html, css , php, javascript and a little of
> > java.
>
> XWiki is coded mostly in Java and javascript/html/Css for the front end
> part.

Cool i guess i am comfortable with those

> > I have a few questions with regards to xwiki.
> >
> > 1. Does it works like wiki.
>
> It’s a wiki yes. See https://xwiki.org.
>
> > 2. How can i setup a dev environment for xwiki. I am on MacOS
>
> See https://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Community/Building/

Didn't see this before thanks

> The trick to find information is to google. If you do you should find
> plenty of information.
>
> > 3. I forked this repo https://github.com/muarachmann/xwiki-platform to
> > begin contributions but i am lost
>
> Did you google ‘xwiki contribute’ for ex?
>
> If you do, you’ll find
> https://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Community/Contributing
>
> And https://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Onboarding/
>
> Welcome to the XWiki community! :)

Thank you very much i will consider this next time. Thanks for the warm
welcome. Looking forward to working with you all.

Regards,
Mua