Is XWiki supporting CMIS standart?

Eugen Colesnicov
Hi,

LibreOffice now integrates with Content Management Systems and online document storage via the CMIS standard. This allows you to access directly documents stored on ECM systems, be they Open Source like Alfresco, Nuxeo or proprietary, like Microsoft SharePoint.

Is XWiki supporting CMIS standart? If it is not - I think, that developers should "put attention" on this subject, because this question looks like "noticeably" for different kind of users.

Best regards
Eugen Colesnicov

Re: Is XWiki supporting CMIS standart?

Guillaume Lerouge
Hi Eugen,

right now this is not on the XWiki roadmap. You can bring it up for the
next roadmap cycle which will take place next year (6.x), but you'll need
to gather support from additional users.

If you want, you could create a JIRA issue logged as an improvement and try
to get users voting for it.

Best,

Guillaume

On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 7:57 PM, Eugen Colesnicov <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> LibreOffice now integrates with Content Management Systems and online
> document storage via the CMIS standard. This allows you to access directly
> documents stored on ECM systems, be they Open Source like Alfresco, Nuxeo
> or
> proprietary, like Microsoft SharePoint.
>
> Is XWiki supporting CMIS standart? If it is not - I think, that developers
> should "put attention" on this subject, because this question looks like
> "noticeably" for different kind of users.
>
> --
> Best regards
> Eugen Colesnicov

Re: Is XWiki supporting CMIS standart?

Eugen Colesnicov
Guillaume Lerouge wrote
right now this is not on the XWiki roadmap. You can bring it up for the
next roadmap cycle which will take place next year (6.x), but you'll need
to gather support from additional users.

If you want, you could create a JIRA issue logged as an improvement and try
to get users voting for it.
Thanks Guillaume!

As I founded, Jira issue already exists!
https://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-4668

Also, exists
http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/GoogleSummerOfCode/CMISIntegration2011