It's translation time again :-)

Guillaume Lerouge
Hi,
The XWiki translation tool located at http://l10n.xwiki.org/ has been
upgraded yesterday. Starting today, new message strings are automatically
loaded into the translation tool every night at 2:00 am Paris time. This
means that whenever a developer commits a new portion of code that requires
to be translated, it will show up on http://l10n.xwiki.org/ the next day.

The immediate effect of this change is that approximately 120 new messages
to translate have been added for XWiki Enterprise since yesterday. Some of
the languages that used to be finished (such as german, romanian or spanish)
are no longer complete. You can check the actual numbers here:

http://l10n.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/XE/XWikiCoreResources

Additionally, some contributions have not been reviewed yet. Reviewing
translations helps finding & fixing typos and other mistakes. It would be
great if members from the community could look at it and review translations
where applicable.

Since we're close to the release date of XE 1.8.3 (and soon XE 1.9 M2) it
would be awesome if some of you guys could update the tool with missing
translations and reviews. I'm done with French already, 15 languages to go
;-)

Many thanks in advance on behalf of the community,

Guillaume

--
Guillaume Lerouge
Product Manager - XWiki

Re: It's translation time again :-)

hel-o
I'd like to remove the dead translations for the german translation but i can't figure out how to do it.

Thanks
hel.
semantic-web.hel.at
hel@hel.at

On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 5:49 PM, hel-o <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'd like to remove the dead translations for the german translation but i
> can't figure out how to do it.

You cannot remove them for now. The best thing to do is to leave them as
they are. A deletion mechanism will be implemented in the future. Thanks for
your help translating XWiki :-)

Guillaume

> Thanks
> hel.
>
> -----

Guillaume Lerouge
Product Manager - XWiki
Skype ID : wikibc
http://guillaumelerouge.com/

Re: It's translation time again :-)

hel-o
Is it possible then to remove them from the translations to be reviewed? (Mayby also empty translations)

That would be great :)

hel.

Guillaume Lerouge wrote
Hi,

On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 5:49 PM, hel-o <hel@hel.at> wrote:

> I'd like to remove the dead translations for the german translation but i
> can't figure out how to do it.

You cannot remove them for now. The best thing to do is to leave them as
they are. A deletion mechanism will be implemented in the future. Thanks for
your help translating XWiki :-)

Guillaume

> Thanks
> hel.