LDAP Authenticator working but "You are not allowed to view this page or perform this action."

LDAP Authenticator working but "You are not allowed to view this page or perform this action."

Douglas Landau
Greets,

I don’t get it.
I moved my environment.permanentDirectory and got into a messed up state.
I started over:
I shut down tomcat
I said "mysql drop database xwiki" and recreated it and re-granted app privs on xwiki.*
I copy-n-pasted the LDAP settings from my previous installation, where LDAP auth was working
I started tomcat, wenth thru the distribution wizard, and then installe LDAP Authenticator
I stopped tomcat and restarted it
Now I can log in with my AD account, but instead of the main page, I see
                                    ERROR
You are not allowed to view this page or perform this action.

I don't get it.  I pasted the LDAP setting from a previous install, where LDAP seemed to be working fine.
I tried another LDAP account and got the same results.
What could I have done wrong?
I think that this time the LDAP settings were there before the LDAP authenticator was installed, could that be it?

Could it be that I need to open the perms on the permanent data dir?  It is writable to the xwiki user, and that is who is executing tomcat.

I see this in the catalina log:
2017-04-26 12:29:26,103 [http://dwswiki10.westmarine.net:8080/xwiki/bin/loginsubmit/XWiki/XWikiLogin] ERROR o.x.c.l.XWikiLDAPConfig        - Error parsing LDAP fields mapping attribute from configuration

... but as I said I didn't get the "You are not allowed..." bit last time around.  And the LDAP settings were pasted from there.

Thanks

Re: LDAP Authenticator working but "You are not allowed to view this page or perform this action."

On Wed, Apr 26, 2017 at 9:58 PM, Douglas Landau <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Greets,
>
> I don’t get it.
> I moved my environment.permanentDirectory and got into a messed up state.
> I started over:
> I shut down tomcat
> I said "mysql drop database xwiki" and recreated it and re-granted app privs on xwiki.*
> I copy-n-pasted the LDAP settings from my previous installation, where LDAP auth was working
> I started tomcat, wenth thru the distribution wizard, and then installe LDAP Authenticator
> I stopped tomcat and restarted it
> Now I can log in with my AD account, but instead of the main page, I see
>                                     ERROR
> You are not allowed to view this page or perform this action.
>
> I don't get it.  I pasted the LDAP setting from a previous install, where LDAP seemed to be working fine.
> I tried another LDAP account and got the same results.
> What could I have done wrong?
> I think that this time the LDAP settings were there before the LDAP authenticator was installed, could that be it?
>
> Could it be that I need to open the perms on the permanent data dir?  It is writable to the xwiki user, and that is who is executing tomcat.

The error has nothing to do with the permanent directory. It's telling
you that the current user is not allowed to view the page you are
asking for.

Maybe you just stayed in admin ? Can you go to your user profile ? Can
you go to the wiki home page ?

> I see this in the catalina log:
> 2017-04-26 12:29:26,103 [http://dwswiki10.westmarine.net:8080/xwiki/bin/loginsubmit/XWiki/XWikiLogin] ERROR o.x.c.l.XWikiLDAPConfig        - Error parsing LDAP fields mapping attribute from configuration
>
> ... but as I said I didn't get the "You are not allowed..." bit last time around.  And the LDAP settings were pasted from there.
>

> Thanks

Thanks.  Yes, this error came from the xwiki/bin/view/Main/, which says Home at the top.  After I submitted the question, I noticed that I could hit Sandbox and then back to home and the problem was gone.

I went thru the drill again of recreating the table and going through the deployment wizard and got rid of the condition.  I also notice that if I forget to log out as admin before restarting Tomcat and redeploying, the browser still thinks I'm logged and whether a similar thing goes on on the back end, I know not.  I guess that's what you mean by stayed in admin.  So yea maybe all I needed was to log out  :-)

Thanks for the reply.