LDAP Authentification in multi-wiki environment

ncg

LDAP Authentification in multi-wiki environment

ncg
Hi,

In the documentation page
(http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/AdminGuide/LDAPAuthenticationU
seCases
<http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/AdminGuide/LDAPAuthenticationU
seCases> ) there is an explanation for "I'm in multiwiki environment and
I want my LDAP users to registered only on main wiki"

That's what I've done by default on our environment. But I wonder if
it's possible to do otherwise ?

What is the advantage to configure ldap both in main wiki and subwikis ?

What is the risk ?

Thank you ?

Nicolas

Re: LDAP Authentification in multi-wiki environment

On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 2:29 PM, CHENEAU-GREHALLE Nicolas

> In the documentation page
> (http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/AdminGuide/LDAPAuthenticationU
> seCases
> <http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/AdminGuide/LDAPAuthenticationU
> seCases> ) there is an explanation for "I'm in multiwiki environment and
> I want my LDAP users to registered only on main wiki"
>

> That's what I've done by default on our environment. But I wonder if
> it's possible to do otherwise ?
>
> What is the advantage to configure ldap both in main wiki and subwikis ?
>
> What is the risk ?

It's not really a risk.

The real question is do you want to have independent wikis or make
sure that the same global XWiki user is associated to
rights/groups/author instead of duplicated. If you have LDAP
configured for each wiki the user will be different in each wiki from
XWiki point of view.

ncg

Re: LDAP Authentification in multi-wiki environment

ncg
"If you have LDAP
configured for each wiki the user will be different in each wiki from
XWiki point of view."

Good to know that !

Thank you.

Nicolas