LDAP server == localhost ?

Douglas Landau

Greets,

Looking at this:
#-# LDAP Server (Active Directory, eDirectory, OpenLDAP, etc.)
#-# The default host is localhost
xwiki.authentication.ldap.server=pwsdc03.westmarine.net

Why is the default localhost?  Would it not be quite rare that the AD server is also running the XWiki?  Is it not most always the case the localhost here should be replaced by the name of the AD server?

Thanks

The information contained in this transmission may contain West Marine proprietary, confidential and/or privileged
information.  It is intended only for the use of the person(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or duplication of this communication is strictly prohibited.
If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original
message. To reply to our email administrator directly, please send an email to [hidden email].

Re: LDAP server == localhost ?

Sure server should almost always be set but if not set it has to have
some default value.

What default value would you put instead ?