LDAP subscription

Geoffroy Carrier-3
Hello,

I'm volunteering as a technician and hoster for the
design-platform.org collaborative project.

We are seriously considering using to the XEM platform, in particular
for its internalization and multi-wiki support, and its nice WYSIWYG
editor.
A major feature we are looking for is LDAP support; however, I didn't
find any information about LDAP subscription.

The objective is to create LDAP accounts for all subscriptions on the
wiki, and completely avoid XWiki-only subscriptions. Is this feature
already available?
If yes, do you have any pointers to documentation and/or source code?
If not, do you have any thoughts on an efficient way to alter XE to enable it?

Thank you in advance,

--
Geoffroy Carrier

Re: LDAP subscription

Sergiu Dumitriu-2
Geoffroy Carrier wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm volunteering as a technician and hoster for the
> design-platform.org collaborative project.
>
> We are seriously considering using to the XEM platform, in particular
> for its internalization and multi-wiki support, and its nice WYSIWYG
> editor.
> A major feature we are looking for is LDAP support; however, I didn't
> find any information about LDAP subscription.
>
> The objective is to create LDAP accounts for all subscriptions on the
> wiki, and completely avoid XWiki-only subscriptions. Is this feature
> already available?

Small clarification question: do you want to push users created from the
wiki to a LDAP server, or pull LDAP users as wiki accounts?

> If yes, do you have any pointers to documentation and/or source code?
> If not, do you have any thoughts on an efficient way to alter XE to enable it?
>
> Thank you in advance,

http://purl.org/net/sergiu/

Re: LDAP subscription

Geoffroy Carrier-3
On Sat, Aug 1, 2009 at 19:16, Sergiu Dumitriu<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Small clarification question: do you want to push users created from the
> wiki to a LDAP server, or pull LDAP users as wiki accounts?

Symmetric. So push users created from the wiki to a LDAP server.
For the whole wiki lifetime.

I want central LDAP accounts management for all services, and
subscription through the wikis only.

--
Geoffroy Carrier

Re: LDAP subscription

On Sat, Aug 1, 2009 at 21:53, Geoffroy Carrier<[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 1, 2009 at 19:16, Sergiu Dumitriu<[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Small clarification question: do you want to push users created from the
>> wiki to a LDAP server, or pull LDAP users as wiki accounts?
>
> Symmetric. So push users created from the wiki to a LDAP server.
> For the whole wiki lifetime.
>
> I want central LDAP accounts management for all services, and
> subscription through the wikis only.

Currently there is only LDAP-> WiIKI sync in XWiki (mainly because
it's generally the only thing needed).

Now I think it would not be very difficult to do the WIKI -> LDAP
based on event: when a user document is modified/created, update the
LDAP server.

> --
> Geoffroy Carrier

Re: LDAP subscription

rrodrigueznt
Hi!

Thomas Mortagne wrote:
> Currently there is only LDAP-> WiIKI sync in XWiki (mainly because
> it's generally the only thing needed).
>
> Now I think it would not be very difficult to do the WIKI -> LDAP
> based on event: when a user document is modified/created, update the
> LDAP server.
Just in case it could be of any value to add one groups interested in
the XWiki-LDAP synchronization feature, it will be great for us too!

Greetings,

Ricardo

--
Ricardo Rodríguez