Languages and translation

Ben Stuggler
Hi,

Does anybody know if it's possible to change the translation for the interface (for example, the logout button) ?

I would like to avoid overwriting the "$!msg.get('logout')" which is definitively not a good solution.

Thanks

Regards

Ben

Re: Languages and translation

Guillaume Lerouge
Hi Ben,

On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 16:10, Ben Stuggler <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Does anybody know if it's possible to change the translation for the
> interface (for example, the logout button) ?
>
> I would like to avoid overwriting the "$!msg.get('logout')" which is
> definitively not a good solution.

   - Create XWiki.Translations
   - Write "logout=Some crazy translations" and save the page
   - In the Administration, in the Programming section, add
   "XWiki.Translations" as an internationalization document bundle and save

IIRC this should override the default translation.

Guillaume

> Thanks
>
> Regards
>
> Ben

Guillaume Lerouge
Product Manager - XWiki SAS
Skype: wikibc
Twitter: glerouge
http://guillaumelerouge.com/

On 05/12/2010 06:10 PM, Ben Stuggler wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Does anybody know if it's possible to change the translation for the
> interface (for example, the logout button) ?
>
> I would like to avoid overwriting the "$!msg.get('logout')" which is
> definitively not a good solution.

You mean changing only some of the existing keys, like change "logout"
with "get out of here"? Yes, it's possible, you must put the new
translations for those keys in a document and register it in
Administration->Programmin->Internationalization Document Bundles

http://purl.org/net/sergiu/

On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 18:17, Guillaume Lerouge <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Hi Ben,
>
> On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 16:10, Ben Stuggler <[hidden email]
> >wrote:
>

> > Hi,
> >
> > Does anybody know if it's possible to change the translation for the
> > interface (for example, the logout button) ?
> >
> > I would like to avoid overwriting the "$!msg.get('logout')" which is
> > definitively not a good solution.
>

>    - Create XWiki.Translations

  - Write "logout=Some crazy translations" and save the page
>   - In the Administration, in the Programming section, add
>   "XWiki.Translations" as an internationalization document bundle and save

Note that it does not have to be XWiki.Translations page just create any
page you want to put your translations and add it in the preferences as
Guillaume explained

On May 12, 2010, at 6:17 PM, Guillaume Lerouge wrote:

> Hi Ben,
>
> On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 16:10, Ben Stuggler <[hidden email]>wrote:
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> Does anybody know if it's possible to change the translation for the
>> interface (for example, the logout button) ?
>>
>> I would like to avoid overwriting the "$!msg.get('logout')" which is
>> definitively not a good solution.
>

>   - Create XWiki.Translations
>   - Write "logout=Some crazy translations" and save the page
>   - In the Administration, in the Programming section, add
>   "XWiki.Translations" as an internationalization document bundle and save
>
> IIRC this should override the default translation.

Even better, you can find the documentation here:
http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/DevGuide/InternationalizingApplications

Re: Languages and translation

Ben Stuggler
Thanks for your advices, it's working!