Legal notice for xwiki.org

Hi xwiki committers,

According to the French law we have to have a legal notice page on xwiki.org, see:
https://www.service-public.fr/professionnels-entreprises/vosdroits/F31228

I’ve thus created http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/LegalNotice/

WDYT? Anything to add?

Now we need to link it, somewhere in the footer.

@Caty: would you have any idea of where would be the best place?

Re: Legal notice for xwiki.org

Benjamin Lanciaux
Hi XWiki Committers,

I'm +1 with the page you created Vincent.
About the place where we could display it, I suggest in the footer in the
"About" section just after "Sponsors".

Benjamin

> Hi xwiki committers,
>
> According to the French law we have to have a legal notice page on
> xwiki.org, see:
> https://www.service-public.fr/professionnels-entreprises/vosdroits/F31228
>
> I’ve thus created http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/LegalNotice/
>
> WDYT? Anything to add?
>
> Now we need to link it, somewhere in the footer.
>
> @Caty: would you have any idea of where would be the best place?

Re: Legal notice for xwiki.org

Ecaterina Moraru (Valica)
The best place would be the "About" section.

What will be the name? "Legal"?

On Fri, Sep 2, 2016 at 11:54 AM, Benjamin Lanciaux <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi XWiki Committers,
>
> I'm +1 with the page you created Vincent.
> About the place where we could display it, I suggest in the footer in the
> "About" section just after "Sponsors".

> Benjamin

> > Hi xwiki committers,
> >
> > According to the French law we have to have a legal notice page on
> > xwiki.org, see:
> > https://www.service-public.fr/professionnels-entreprises/
> vosdroits/F31228
> >
> > I’ve thus created http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/LegalNotice/
> >
> > WDYT? Anything to add?
> >
> > Now we need to link it, somewhere in the footer.
> >
> > @Caty: would you have any idea of where would be the best place?

Re: Legal notice for xwiki.org

Paul Libbrecht-2

Note that each country has a different requirement for this kind of page.
Maybe this is a place to asllocate for all wikis?
For a site hosted in Germany, that page is called an "Impressum" and
beyond the terms of use, it also has the duty to indicate a full name
and address of the owner of the website. That'd be a person that a
lawyer should reach to, if a blatant copyright issue would be detected.
I would be in favour of extending this page to any XWiki entreprise.

paul

PS: in the http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/LegalNotice/ I see
that you're talking of a cookie, which is probably EU-required. However,
the text doesn't say that we set cookies from the start on; are we not
doing that?

Ecaterina Moraru (Valica) wrote:
> The best place would be the "About" section.
>
> What will be the name? "Legal"?

Re: Legal notice for xwiki.org

> On 02 Sep 2016, at 13:42, Paul Libbrecht <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> Note that each country has a different requirement for this kind of page.
> Maybe this is a place to asllocate for all wikis?

Not sure I understand what you mean. This site is hosted in France.

> For a site hosted in Germany, that page is called an "Impressum" and
> beyond the terms of use, it also has the duty to indicate a full name
> and address of the owner of the website. That'd be a person that a
> lawyer should reach to, if a blatant copyright issue would be detected.
> I would be in favour of extending this page to any XWiki entreprise.
>
> paul
>
> PS: in the http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/LegalNotice/ I see
> that you're talking of a cookie, which is probably EU-required. However,
> the text doesn't say that we set cookies from the start on; are we not
> doing that?

Are we? I thought the cookie was only created when you’re checking the “remember me” option.

> Ecaterina Moraru (Valica) wrote:
>> The best place would be the "About" section.
>>
>> What will be the name? "Legal"?

Re: Legal notice for xwiki.org

> On 02 Sep 2016, at 13:27, Ecaterina Moraru (Valica) <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> The best place would be the "About" section.

ok. Doing it.

FTR, example on www.lemonde.fr. In the footer it’s named “Mentions légales” and goes to:
http://moncompte.lemonde.fr/mentions-legales

> What will be the name? "Legal”?

I’d say "Legal notice”.

Example on xwiki.com: http://www.xwiki.com/en/

> Caty
>
> On Fri, Sep 2, 2016 at 11:54 AM, Benjamin Lanciaux <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi XWiki Committers,
>>
>> I'm +1 with the page you created Vincent.
>> About the place where we could display it, I suggest in the footer in the
>> "About" section just after "Sponsors".
>>
>> WDYT?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Benjamin

>>> Hi xwiki committers,
>>>
>>> According to the French law we have to have a legal notice page on
>>> xwiki.org, see:
>>> https://www.service-public.fr/professionnels-entreprises/
>> vosdroits/F31228
>>>
>>> I’ve thus created http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/LegalNotice/
>>>
>>> WDYT? Anything to add?
>>>
>>> Now we need to link it, somewhere in the footer.
>>>
>>> @Caty: would you have any idea of where would be the best place?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> -Vincent

Re: Legal notice for xwiki.org

Paul Libbrecht-2
>> Note that each country has a different requirement for this kind of page.
>> Maybe this is a place to asllocate for all wikis?
> Not sure I understand what you mean. This site is hosted in France.
And I was talking about extending to other countries but probably I
should have started another thread.
>> PS: in the http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/LegalNotice/ I see
>> that you're talking of a cookie, which is probably EU-required. However,
>> the text doesn't say that we set cookies from the start on; are we not
>> doing that?
>
> Are we?
Yes, we are. I just tried with an almost virgin firefox. It had no
xwiki.org cookies.
> I thought the cookie was only created when you’re checking the “remember me” option.
After I visited xwiki.org's home page I have cookies for:
- xwiki.org:
  - _cfduid (cloudflare loves tracking so as to protect against attackers)
  - JSESSIONID
  - _ga, _gat: Google analytics which we are using (not a very good
example for the others!)
  - mf_user and some mf_xxx (maybe cloudflare?)

So in addition to saying that we set cookies for any visit, we should
also that we let third-party service delivery companies also set cookies
(Cloudflare Inc, Google Inc, and XX).

Paul

Re: Legal notice for xwiki.org

> On 02 Sep 2016, at 14:09, Paul Libbrecht <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>>> Note that each country has a different requirement for this kind of page.
>>> Maybe this is a place to asllocate for all wikis?
>> Not sure I understand what you mean. This site is hosted in France.
> And I was talking about extending to other countries but probably I
> should have started another thread.
>>> PS: in the http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/LegalNotice/ I see
>>> that you're talking of a cookie, which is probably EU-required. However,
>>> the text doesn't say that we set cookies from the start on; are we not
>>> doing that?
>>
>> Are we?
> Yes, we are. I just tried with an almost virgin firefox. It had no
> xwiki.org cookies.
>> I thought the cookie was only created when you’re checking the “remember me” option.
> After I visited xwiki.org's home page I have cookies for:
> - xwiki.org:
>  - _cfduid (cloudflare loves tracking so as to protect against attackers)
>  - JSESSIONID
>  - _ga, _gat: Google analytics which we are using (not a very good
> example for the others!)
>  - mf_user and some mf_xxx (maybe cloudflare?)

ah yes I had forgotten about google analytics. Updating the legal notice page. Thanks!
-Vincent

> So in addition to saying that we set cookies for any visit, we should
> also that we let third-party service delivery companies also set cookies
> (Cloudflare Inc, Google Inc, and XX).
>
> Paul

Re: Legal notice for xwiki.org

>>> Not sure I understand what you mean. This site is hosted in France.
>> And I was talking about extending to other countries but probably I
>> should have started another thread.
>>>
>>> Are we?
>> Yes, we are. I just tried with an almost virgin firefox. It had no
>> xwiki.org cookies.
>>> I thought the cookie was only created when you’re checking the “remember me” option.
>> After I visited xwiki.org's home page I have cookies for:
>> - xwiki.org:
>> - _cfduid (cloudflare loves tracking so as to protect against attackers)
>> - JSESSIONID
>> - _ga, _gat: Google analytics which we are using (not a very good
>> example for the others!)
>> - mf_user and some mf_xxx (maybe cloudflare?)
>
> ah yes I had forgotten about google analytics. Updating the legal notice page. Thanks!

Done:
http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/LegalNotice/

>> So in addition to saying that we set cookies for any visit, we should
>> also that we let third-party service delivery companies also set cookies
>> (Cloudflare Inc, Google Inc, and XX).
>>
>> Paul

Re: Legal notice for xwiki.org

I think we might also need to have a name like Paul is mentioning. In
France it's "Directeur de la publication".
I don't think it's ok that we only mention the company. As both Vincent and
me are legal representatives of XWiki SAS any of our names would be ok I
believe.
Also given that we are hosted in France, I think we might need a french
version of this section, but I'm not sure if this is required or not. I
think that in french the valid link visible on any page or at least the
home page is "Mentions Legales". We might need to have the word in French
even though the site is in english.. But again I haven't checked what the
exact requirements are. Maybe we can find a document online that says what
to do for a english language site published in France.

*Ludovic Dubost*
*Founder and CEO*
[hidden email]
skype: ldubost
Blog: http://blog.ludovic.org

On Fri, Sep 2, 2016 at 2:15 PM, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:

> page.
> >> And I was talking about extending to other countries but probably I
> >> should have started another thread.
> see
> However,

> >> Yes, we are. I just tried with an almost virgin firefox. It had no
> >> xwiki.org cookies.
> “remember me” option.
> >> After I visited xwiki.org's home page I have cookies for:
> >> - xwiki.org:
> >> - _cfduid (cloudflare loves tracking so as to protect against attackers)
> >> - JSESSIONID
> >> - _ga, _gat: Google analytics which we are using (not a very good
> >> example for the others!)
> >> - mf_user and some mf_xxx (maybe cloudflare?)
> >
> > ah yes I had forgotten about google analytics. Updating the legal notice
> page. Thanks!
>
> Done:
> http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/LegalNotice/

> >> So in addition to saying that we set cookies for any visit, we should
> >> also that we let third-party service delivery companies also set cookies
> >> (Cloudflare Inc, Google Inc, and XX).
> >>
> >> Paul

Re: Legal notice for xwiki.org

> On 02 Sep 2016, at 14:32, Ludovic Dubost <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I think we might also need to have a name like Paul is mentioning. In
> France it's "Directeur de la publication".
> I don't think it's ok that we only mention the company. As both Vincent and
> me are legal representatives of XWiki SAS any of our names would be ok I
> believe.

I’ve already added a section about this. There’s no "Directeur de la publication". This is a community site where anyone can edit and governed by a Governance page (linked). I’ve given names already about people who provide oversight, by linking to the active committers list (which happens to be failing right now but that’s another matter, I need to fix it).

Also, XWiki SAS is just hosting xwiki.org. It doesn’t operate it.

> Also given that we are hosted in France, I think we might need a french
> version of this section, but I'm not sure if this is required or not.

At least it’s not listed on https://www.service-public.fr/professionnels-entreprises/vosdroits/F31228

And we can also add one when someone someone contacts us and ask us for one. Right now all our pages are in English so I’d rather keep it that way if we can.

> think that in french the valid link visible on any page or at least the
> home page is "Mentions Legales". We might need to have the word in French
> even though the site is in english.. But again I haven't checked what the
> exact requirements are. Maybe we can find a document online that says what
> to do for a english language site published in France.

I think we’re fine for now.

> Ludovic
>
> Ludovic
>
> --
> *Ludovic Dubost*
> *Founder and CEO*
> [hidden email]
> skype: ldubost
> Blog: http://blog.ludovic.org

>> page.
>> see
>> However,

>> “remember me” option.
>>>
>>> ah yes I had forgotten about google analytics. Updating the legal notice
>> page. Thanks!
>>
>> Done:
>> http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/LegalNotice/

>>> -Vincent

Re: Legal notice for xwiki.org

Ludovic Dubost
On Fri, Sep 2, 2016 at 3:38 PM, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > On 02 Sep 2016, at 14:32, Ludovic Dubost <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I think we might also need to have a name like Paul is mentioning. In
> > France it's "Directeur de la publication".
> > I don't think it's ok that we only mention the company. As both Vincent
> and
> > me are legal representatives of XWiki SAS any of our names would be ok I
> > believe.
>
> I’ve already added a section about this. There’s no "Directeur de la
> publication". This is a community site where anyone can edit and governed
> by a Governance page (linked). I’ve given names already about people who
> provide oversight, by linking to the active committers list (which happens
> to be failing right now but that’s another matter, I need to fix it).
>
> Also, XWiki SAS is just hosting xwiki.org
> <https://r.clb.pt/r/e7fbebe91dd7e4fa8dd375f861ec71ce?d=http%3A%2F%2Fxwiki.org>.
> It doesn’t operate it.

Indeed so we would be in the case of a non-commercial site:

"dans le cas d'un site non commercial ou d'un blog d'un particulier, les
mentions légales doivent indiquer les nom, prénom, adresse et numéro de
téléphone du créateur du site et de l'hébergeur."

which means me need to state the hoster (XWiki SAS + OVH) and the creator
(pointing to the active commiters sounds good)

> > Also given that we are hosted in France, I think we might need a french
> > version of this section, but I'm not sure if this is required or not.
>
> At least it’s not listed on https://www.service-public.fr/
> professionnels-entreprises/vosdroits/F31228
> <https://r.clb.pt/r/e7fbebe91dd7e4fa8dd375f861ec71ce?d=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.service-public.fr%2Fprofessionnels-entreprises%2Fvosdroits%2FF31228>
>
> And we can also add one when someone someone contacts us and ask us for
> one. Right now all our pages are in English so I’d rather keep it that way
> if we can.

Difficult to know if french language is implicit or not.. but indeed we can
keep it like that for now..

> > think that in french the valid link visible on any page or at least the
> > home page is "Mentions Legales". We might need to have the word in French
> > even though the site is in english.. But again I haven't checked what the
> > exact requirements are. Maybe we can find a document online that says
> what
> > to do for a english language site published in France.
>
> I think we’re fine for now.

> > Ludovic
> >
> > Ludovic
> >
> > --
> > *Ludovic Dubost*
> > *Founder and CEO*
> > [hidden email]
> > skype: ldubost
> > Blog: http://blog.ludovic.org
> <https://r.clb.pt/r/e7fbebe91dd7e4fa8dd375f861ec71ce?d=http%3A%2F%2Fblog.ludovic.org>

> >> page.
> <https://r.clb.pt/r/e7fbebe91dd7e4fa8dd375f861ec71ce?d=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.xwiki.org%2Fxwiki%2Fbin%2Fview%2FMain%2FLegalNotice%2F>
> >> see
> >> However,
> not

> <https://r.clb.pt/r/e7fbebe91dd7e4fa8dd375f861ec71ce?d=http%3A%2F%2Fxwiki.org>
> cookies.
> >> “remember me” option.
> <https://r.clb.pt/r/e7fbebe91dd7e4fa8dd375f861ec71ce?d=http%3A%2F%2Fxwiki.org>'s
> home page I have cookies for:
> <https://r.clb.pt/r/e7fbebe91dd7e4fa8dd375f861ec71ce?d=http%3A%2F%2Fxwiki.org>
> :
> attackers)

> notice
> >> page. Thanks!
> >>
> >> Done:
> >> http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/LegalNotice/
> <https://r.clb.pt/r/e7fbebe91dd7e4fa8dd375f861ec71ce?d=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.xwiki.org%2Fxwiki%2Fbin%2Fview%2FMain%2FLegalNotice%2F>
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >> -Vincent

> cookies

Re: Legal notice for xwiki.org

Eduard Moraru
Hi,

Don`t forget MouseFlow. Also, links to the services would probably be a
good thing.

Thanks,
Eduard

On Fri, Sep 2, 2016 at 5:54 PM, Ludovic Dubost <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> > <https://r.clb.pt/r/e7fbebe91dd7e4fa8dd375f861ec71
> ce?d=http%3A%2F%2Fxwiki.org>
> > cookies.
> > <https://r.clb.pt/r/e7fbebe91dd7e4fa8dd375f861ec71
> ce?d=http%3A%2F%2Fxwiki.org>'s
> > home page I have cookies for:
> > <https://r.clb.pt/r/e7fbebe91dd7e4fa8dd375f861ec71
> ce?d=http%3A%2F%2Fxwiki.org>
> > :
> > attackers)

> > notice

> > <https://r.clb.pt/r/e7fbebe91dd7e4fa8dd375f861ec71
> ce?d=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.xwiki.org%2Fxwiki%2Fbin%2Fview%
> 2FMain%2FLegalNotice%2F>

> should
> > cookies

Re: Legal notice for xwiki.org

> On 07 Sep 2016, at 10:51, Eduard Moraru <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Don`t forget MouseFlow. Also, links to the services would probably be a

Good point. I’ve added:
- mouseflow
- active installs

On Wed, Sep 7, 2016 at 12:29 PM, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > On 07 Sep 2016, at 10:51, Eduard Moraru <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Don`t forget MouseFlow. Also, links to the services would probably be a
> > good thing.
>
> Good point. I’ve added:
> - mouseflow
> - active installs

Google Analytics?

> > Eduard
> >
> > On Fri, Sep 2, 2016 at 5:54 PM, Ludovic Dubost <[hidden email]>
> wrote:

> Vincent

> governed
> who
> >> happens

> >> ce?d=http%3A%2F%2Fxwiki.org>.
> >>>

> >> Indeed so we would be in the case of a non-commercial site:
> >>
> >> "dans le cas d'un site non commercial ou d'un blog d'un particulier, les
> >> mentions légales doivent indiquer les nom, prénom, adresse et numéro de
> >> téléphone du créateur du site et de l'hébergeur."
> >>
> >> which means me need to state the hoster (XWiki SAS + OVH) and the
> creator
> >> (pointing to the active commiters sounds good)

> french

> >> ce?d=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.service-public.fr%2Fprofessionnels-entreprises%
> >> 2Fvosdroits%2FF31228>

> >> way
> >>>

> >> Difficult to know if french language is implicit or not.. but indeed we
> can
> >> keep it like that for now..
> >>
> >> Ludovic

> the
> >> French
> >> the

> >> ce?d=http%3A%2F%2Fblog.ludovic.org>

> >> of
> France.
> >> ce?d=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.xwiki.org%2Fxwiki%2Fbin%2Fview%
> >> 2FMain%2FLegalNotice%2F>
> we

> >> ce?d=http%3A%2F%2Fxwiki.org>
> >> ce?d=http%3A%2F%2Fxwiki.org>'s
> >> ce?d=http%3A%2F%2Fxwiki.org>

> >> ce?d=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.xwiki.org%2Fxwiki%2Fbin%2Fview%
> >> 2FMain%2FLegalNotice%2F>

> >> should

Re: Legal notice for xwiki.org

> On 07 Sep 2016, at 11:46, Ecaterina Moraru (Valica) <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On Wed, Sep 7, 2016 at 12:29 PM, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>>> On 07 Sep 2016, at 10:51, Eduard Moraru <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Don`t forget MouseFlow. Also, links to the services would probably be a
>>> good thing.
>>
>> Good point. I’ve added:
>> - mouseflow
>> - active installs