Links, WYSIWYG 2.0 (1.8.2)

hel-o
Hi,

the link dialog works much better than in 1.8.1, but one thing i found:

i don't use the space for the page parent when i add the parent manually (which i had to, since it wasn't added automatically in the new syntax) because i found, that it's not needed to work (as it is in links when the link is in the same space).

Now when i want to create a link to a wiki-page i get the tree-view (which is great) but it seems i cant see all those pages where no space is provided.

hel.

semantic-web.hel.at
hel@hel.at

Re: Links, WYSIWYG 2.0 (1.8.2)

lucaa
hel-o wrote:

> Hi,
>
> the link dialog works much better than in 1.8.1, but one thing i found:
>
> i don't use the space for the page parent when i add the parent manually
> (which i had to, since it wasn't added automatically in the new syntax)
> because i found, that it's not needed to work (as it is in links when the
> link is in the same space).
>
> Now when i want to create a link to a wiki-page i get the tree-view (which
> is great) but it seems i cant see all those pages where no space is
> provided.

Hi Hel,

thanks for reporting this behaviour!

Of what I experimented just now, this seems to be caused by the REST API (used
by the tree) for getting pages and the way it uses the passed "parent"
parameter. Specifically, it does not interpret the value of the document parent
field wrt the document's space.

I see 2 solutions:
1/ either we change the panel to set the parent field to a fully qualified name
(when a user inserts only a document name in the parent field, we append the space)
2/ either we fix the REST API.

Solution 1 might cause problems when it will come to multiwikis, when the parent
can be prefixed by the wiki name as well (wiki:Space.Page).

Or:
3/ we change the parent-child relation in the explorer tree so that we make it
survive such situations.

Happy coding,
Anca Luca

> hel.
>

> -----
> ----

Re: Links, WYSIWYG 2.0 (1.8.2)

hel-o
Hi,

Anca Paula Luca wrote
[...]

Shouldn't there be a general concept for that in XWiki, wether its okay when you only use Page in links or that Wiki:Space.Page is the only way thats accepted?

Don't know but it seems to me that this example shows there could be a bunch of problems if different syntax is allowed.

hel.
semantic-web.hel.at
hel@hel.at

Re: Links, WYSIWYG 2.0 (1.8.2)

lucaa
Hi,

hel-o wrote:

> Hi,
>

> Anca Paula Luca wrote:
>>
>> Hi Hel,
>>
>> thanks for reporting this behaviour!
>>
>> Of what I experimented just now, this seems to be caused by the REST API
>> (used
>> by the tree) for getting pages and the way it uses the passed "parent"
>> parameter. Specifically, it does not interpret the value of the document
>> parent
>> field wrt the document's space.
>>
>> I see 2 solutions:
>> 1/ either we change the panel to set the parent field to a fully qualified
>> name
>> (when a user inserts only a document name in the parent field, we append
>> the space)
>> 2/ either we fix the REST API.
>>
>> Solution 1 might cause problems when it will come to multiwikis, when the
>> parent
>> can be prefixed by the wiki name as well (wiki:Space.Page).
>>
>> Or:
>> 3/ we change the parent-child relation in the explorer tree so that we
>> make it
>> survive such situations.
>>

>> Happy coding,
>> Anca Luca
>>

> Shouldn't there be a general concept for that in XWiki, wether its okay when
> you only use Page in links or that Wiki:Space.Page is the only way thats
> accepted?

There is a general concept: _in links_, everything is accepted and resolved
relative to the current context (document). However, what this case is about is
setting the parent field to a relative reference, which should not cause any
problem as long as it is always resolved correctly wrt the document.

> Don't know but it seems to me that this example shows there could be a bunch
> of problems if different syntax is allowed.

Wikilinks in different syntaxes is still an open subject, afaik.

Happy XWiki-ing,
Anca Luca

> hel.
>

> -----

Re: Links, WYSIWYG 2.0 (1.8.2)

hel-o
Hi,

another problem i found:

Space1.WebHome is not found when parent of Space1.WebHome is Space2.Page

Cheers
hel.
semantic-web.hel.at
hel@hel.at

Re: Links, WYSIWYG 2.0 (1.8.2)

Jean-Vincent Drean-3
On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 11:18 AM, hel-o <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> another problem i found:
> Space1.WebHome is not found when parent of Space1.WebHome is Space2.Page

Yes, this is due to a regression introduced before 1.8.2 release, it
will be fixed in 1.8.3.
http://jira.xwiki.org/jira/browse/XWIKI-3746

Thanks,
JV.

Re: Links, WYSIWYG 2.0 (1.8.2)

hel-o
One remark to the link dialog.

Having 3 steps to make, to create a new wiki link looks good in the design but not when you work with it.

I know that its late, but i would suggest that you always have only one step, when you create a link.

hel.
semantic-web.hel.at
hel@hel.at

Links, WYSIWYG 2.0 (1.8.3)

hel-o
Hi,

and first of all, 1.8.3 is great, the link dialog is working fine and all in all syntax 2.0 and wysiwyg for 2.0 seem to be of age now;)

Some things i found in context with the parent field and the link dialog.

To have pages in tree-view in the link dialog the parent has to be set as "space.page". If the parent is set only as "page" or as "wiki:space.page" (like it is set automatically in a virtual wiki environment, by the way great that the parent is set anyway now), the Page is displayed in the main level of the tree view.

Cheers
hel.
semantic-web.hel.at
hel@hel.at