Links are not updated when copying pages between wikis

Links are not updated when copying pages between wikis

Sebastian Luna Valero
Hello All,

We want to reorganise our xwiki so our plan is:
1. create a new wiki space within the same xwiki instance
2. reorganise parts that we want to keep on the old wiki
3. copy the organised pages to the new wiki (with its children)
4. get rid of the old wiki pages

We are now in step 3 where the content has been copied across (with its
children). However, I was expecting to see the links internal to the wiki
to be updated during the process. Instead, the links still point to the
previous wiki.

Is there something we can do to fix that?

Many thanks!
Sebastian

Re: Links are not updated when copying pages between wikis

You are probably hitting https://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-14139.

On Tue, Apr 4, 2017 at 6:36 PM, Sebastian Luna Valero
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> We want to reorganise our xwiki so our plan is:
> 1. create a new wiki space within the same xwiki instance
> 2. reorganise parts that we want to keep on the old wiki
> 3. copy the organised pages to the new wiki (with its children)
> 4. get rid of the old wiki pages
>
> We are now in step 3 where the content has been copied across (with its
> children). However, I was expecting to see the links internal to the wiki
> to be updated during the process. Instead, the links still point to the
> previous wiki.
>
> Is there something we can do to fix that?
>
> Many thanks!
> Sebastian

Re: Links are not updated when copying pages between wikis

Sebastian Luna Valero
We are indeed running 8.4.3 so will update, try again and let you know.

Many thanks!
Sebastian

Re: Links are not updated when copying pages between wikis

On Wed, Apr 5, 2017 at 10:05 AM, Sebastian Luna Valero
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> We are indeed running 8.4.3 so will update, try again and let you know.

There is no released version with the fix yet. It will be part of 8.4.5.

> Many thanks!
> Sebastian

Re: Links are not updated when copying pages between wikis

Sebastian Luna Valero
Thanks again!

Is there an scheduled release date?

I am subscribed to the RSS feed and I get the release announcements, but
would be good to know to plan ahead if possible.

Best regards,
Sebastian

Re: Links are not updated when copying pages between wikis

On Wed, Apr 5, 2017 at 10:13 AM, Sebastian Luna Valero
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Thanks again!
>
> Is there an scheduled release date?

The current plan is "soon" :)

Probably something like next week, not much more.

> I am subscribed to the RSS feed and I get the release announcements, but
> would be good to know to plan ahead if possible.
>
> Best regards,
> Sebastian

Re: Links are not updated when copying pages between wikis

Sebastian Luna Valero
That's brilliant.

Thank you very much indeed.

Best regards,