Localization : display of available languages (upper right, just below the search box)

Localization : display of available languages (upper right, just below the search box)

Simon Glet
Hi,

I am currently using XE 2.1.1 with Tomcat 6.0 and PostgreSQL.

In the upper right of the layout, just under the search box, there
should be links with all the configured languages but I can only see
"en". As I also configured "fr", shouldn't I also see a "fr" link ?

In the xwiki.cfg I have set :
xwiki.language.preferDefault=1
xwiki.language.forceSupported=0

In the Admin Preferences dialog I have set:
Multi Lingual = Yes
Languages = fr,en
Default Language = fr

When I login, the "fr" language is set but if I switch to "en" (by
clicking on the link), I can't go back to "fr" the same way. If I add
"?language=fr" to the current url the language changes.

Thanks
Simon Glet

Re: Localization : display of available languages (upper right, just below the search box)

Guillaume Lerouge
Hi Simon,

On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 5:16 PM, Simon Glet <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am currently using XE 2.1.1 with Tomcat 6.0 and PostgreSQL.
>
> In the upper right of the layout, just under the search box, there
> should be links with all the configured languages but I can only see
> "en". As I also configured "fr", shouldn't I also see a "fr" link ?
>
> In the xwiki.cfg I have set :
> xwiki.language.preferDefault=1
> xwiki.language.forceSupported=0
>
> In the Admin Preferences dialog I have set:
> Multi Lingual = Yes
> Languages = fr,en
> Default Language = fr
>
> When I login, the "fr" language is set but if I switch to "en" (by
> clicking on the link), I can't go back to "fr" the same way. If I add
> "?language=fr" to the current url the language changes.

The language links are displayed only if the page you're looking at has a
version in that given language. If the current page has both a FR and an EN
version both links will be displayed, otherwise only the default language
will be shown.

This is a known limitation, it would be better to be able to change the
language of the current document and the language of the whole application
separately but we haven't implemented it yet.

Guillaume

> Thanks
> Simon Glet

Guillaume Lerouge
Product Manager - XWiki SAS
Skype: wikibc
Twitter: glerouge
http://guillaumelerouge.com/

Re: Localization : display of available languages (upper right, just below the search box)

Simon Glet
It's good to know that it works that way.

Thanks
Simon Glet