Looping through staticlist contents; and others

Looping through staticlist contents; and others

Esbach, Brandon
Looping through staticlist contents; and others

Hi All,

I was wondering if there was a simple way to get all the options for a static list - eg, via a query?
In a few of my custom classes, I have several staticlist properties - I need to cycle through the available options of each within velocity.

Brandon Esbach
Software Engineer
M/A-Com Eurotec Operations
LoughMahon Technology Park,
Skehard Road,
Blackrock,
Cork, Ireland
Tel  +353 21 4808305

Re: Looping through staticlist contents; and others

Robin Fernandes
Hi,

I too wanted to get all available options for a list property,
preferably as a simple ArrayList for easy use in a script. The method
I found works with both static lists and db lists, but required
programming rights - which is going to be a problem for me.

Is there another way to do this that doesn't require programming rights?

1.1.1 All available items for a list property
#### $doc contains an instance of class "Main.MyClass"
#### whose list prop is called "theList".
#set($obj=$doc.getObject("Main.MyClass"))
#set($propName="theList")

#### These operations that require programming rights
#set($xCtx=$context.getContext())
#set($xObj=$obj.getXWikiObject())
#set($xClass=$xObj.getxWikiClass($xCtx))
#set($xProp=$xClass.get($propName))

#set($allItems=$xProp.getList($xCtx))
#foreach ($item in $allItems)
  * $item
#end

On 08/02/07, Esbach, Brandon <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I was wondering if there was a simple way to get all the options for a
> static list - eg, via a query?
> In a few of my custom classes, I have several staticlist properties - I need
> to cycle through the available options of each within velocity.
>
> Brandon Esbach
> Software Engineer
> M/A-Com Eurotec Operations
> LoughMahon Technology Park,
> Skehard Road,
> Blackrock,
> Cork, Ireland
> Tel  +353 21 4808305
>
> --
> You receive this message as a subscriber of the [hidden email]

A couple of questions after migrating xwiki from 0.9.840 to 1b3

jimmy-20
Hi,

I have migrated xwiki from 0.9.840 to the latest 1.0 b3 (from subvesion).
My content can now display successfully in the new version. I also
imported the .xar so I have all the additional spaces/pages created. I can
log in via my old userids(including Admin) and the newly created userids.
But I have the following issues that I cannot solve:

1. I cannot see XWiki as a space in my spacelist. I can see all other
spaces and the space I created after the migration. I tried Admin and
superadmin so this shouldn't be a security issue.

2. My previous pages are categorized in 0.9.840 in 15 categories. I could
navigate to the pages from the category list. Now all my pages are
displayed in the Main space without categorization. Is there a way to get
back the categorization for each pages? I noticed there are a couple of
predefined categories in the Blog space.

3. Now in 1b3, we can tag a space or page, but how can we leverage this
tagging? Is there any snippet that display pages clustered by tags (e.g.
something similar to del.icio.us or something else?

4. We can define skins in xwiki.cfg and also in the Global/Space
Preferences section. Will the skins defined in the Global/Space
Preferences section always take precedence over the one defined in
xwiki.cfg?  If I create a new skin folder called "xwikitest" with the
basic .vm files, should I reference it in the Global/Space Preferences as
xwikitest or XWiki.xwikitest?

Thanks

-Jimmy

Re: A couple of questions after migrating xwiki from 0.9.840 to 1b3

Hi Jimmy,

On Feb 12, 2007, at 12:57 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have migrated xwiki from 0.9.840 to the latest 1.0 b3 (from
> subvesion).
> My content can now display successfully in the new version. I also
> imported the .xar so I have all the additional spaces/pages
> created. I can
> log in via my old userids(including Admin) and the newly created
> userids.
> But I have the following issues that I cannot solve:
>
> 1. I cannot see XWiki as a space in my spacelist. I can see all other
> spaces and the space I created after the migration. I tried Admin and
> superadmin so this shouldn't be a security issue.
This is probably a feature :-) We've removed non public spaces from
several panels. However I agree that for users with admin rights they
should probably be listed. Edit your panels and you should see the
request that excludes the XWiki space. Then maybe you could file a
JIRA issue and attach a patch to it to improve the panels?

> 2. My previous pages are categorized in 0.9.840 in 15 categories. I
> could
> navigate to the pages from the category list. Now all my pages are
> displayed in the Main space without categorization. Is there a way
> to get
> back the categorization for each pages? I noticed there are a
> couple of
> predefined categories in the Blog space.

I don't have an answer for this. Maybe others know?

> 3. Now in 1b3, we can tag a space or page, but how can we leverage
> this
> tagging? Is there any snippet that display pages clustered by tags
> (e.g.
> something similar to del.icio.us or something else?

There's a tags page: http://localhost:8080/xwiki/bin/view/Main/Tags
It should be very easy to write a Panel for it. I agree we need some
panels for this. Please file a JIRA issue.

> 4. We can define skins in xwiki.cfg and also in the Global/Space
> Preferences section. Will the skins defined in the Global/Space
> Preferences section always take precedence over the one defined in
> xwiki.cfg?  If I create a new skin folder called "xwikitest" with the
> basic .vm files, should I reference it in the Global/Space
> Preferences as
> xwikitest or XWiki.xwikitest?

If you put stuff in the directory structure of xwiki then it would be
xwikitest. However you can also create skins by creating a XWiki
page, attach to it a XWikiSkins objects, etc. Then you would refer to
it with XWiki.xwikitest. See the skin tutorial in the admin guide on
xwiki.org

Re: A couple of questions after migrating xwiki from 0.9.840 to 1b3

oh I forgot... Please don't hijack thread. What you have done is:
take an existing mail, do a reply and change the subject. This leaves
several email fields unchanged and thus your mail is badly threaded
in proper email viewers as it belongs to an existing thread... :-(

On Feb 12, 2007, at 12:57 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have migrated xwiki from 0.9.840 to the latest 1.0 b3 (from
> subvesion).
> My content can now display successfully in the new version. I also
> imported the .xar so I have all the additional spaces/pages
> created. I can
> log in via my old userids(including Admin) and the newly created
> userids.
> But I have the following issues that I cannot solve:
>
> 1. I cannot see XWiki as a space in my spacelist. I can see all other
> spaces and the space I created after the migration. I tried Admin and
> superadmin so this shouldn't be a security issue.
>
> 2. My previous pages are categorized in 0.9.840 in 15 categories. I
> could
> navigate to the pages from the category list. Now all my pages are
> displayed in the Main space without categorization. Is there a way
> to get
> back the categorization for each pages? I noticed there are a
> couple of
> predefined categories in the Blog space.
>
> 3. Now in 1b3, we can tag a space or page, but how can we leverage
> this
> tagging? Is there any snippet that display pages clustered by tags
> (e.g.
> something similar to del.icio.us or something else?
>
> 4. We can define skins in xwiki.cfg and also in the Global/Space
> Preferences section. Will the skins defined in the Global/Space
> Preferences section always take precedence over the one defined in
> xwiki.cfg?  If I create a new skin folder called "xwikitest" with the
> basic .vm files, should I reference it in the Global/Space
> Preferences as
> xwikitest or XWiki.xwikitest?
>
> Thanks
>
> -Jimmy
>

> --
> You receive this message as a subscriber of the xwiki-
> wws

Re: A couple of questions after migrating xwiki from 0.9.840 to 1b3

Jean-Vincent Drean
2007/2/12, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]>:

> Hi Jimmy,
>
> On Feb 12, 2007, at 12:57 AM, [hidden email] wrote:
>

> > 2. My previous pages are categorized in 0.9.840 in 15 categories. I
> > could
> > navigate to the pages from the category list. Now all my pages are
> > displayed in the Main space without categorization. Is there a way
> > to get
> > back the categorization for each pages? I noticed there are a
> > couple of
> > predefined categories in the Blog space.
>
> I don't have an answer for this. Maybe others know?

I assume you are talking about blog posts, to see the categories again
you'll have to create a panel (/xwik/bin/view/Panels/) containing this
code :

---------------------------------
#panelheader('Blog')
#set($blogcatdoc = $xwiki.getDocument("Blog.Categories"))
#if($xwiki.hasAdminRights())
Categories</a>)</font>
#end
#set($catdoc = $xwiki.getDocument("Blog.Categories"))
#foreach($catobj in $catdoc.getObjects("Blog.Categories"))
#set($catname = $catdoc.display("name","view",$catobj))
#if($catname!="")
* [${catname}>Blog.Category?category=${catname}]
#end
#end
#panelfooter()

Re: A couple of questions after migrating xwiki from 0.9.840 to 1b3

Hi JV,

This sounds like something useful. I think we should include this
panel in the default Wiki. WDYT? If you agree could you create a jira
issue for this?

Thanks a lot
-Vincent