Lucene again

rrodrigueznt
Hi all,

I am seeing some weird behaviour of Lucene search on XWiki. Using
Firefox 3.0.11 in a Mac OS X box. Please, look at this:

While logged in...

http://xen.net/images/loggedIn.png

Only one entry shown in each page.

While logged out...

http://xen.net/images/loggedOut.png

Please, does this make any sense for you? Thanks!

Cheers,

Ricardo

--
Ricardo Rodríguez
Your EPEC Network ICT Team

Re: Lucene again

rrodrigueznt
Please, does Lucene search work fine for you? Thanks!

Cheers,

Ricardo

--
Ricardo Rodríguez
Your EPEC Network ICT Team

Re: Lucene again

Anamaria Stoica
Hi Ricardo,
I just tried the same search for "component" on XWiki.org (from
http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/WebHome), and I got exactly the
same 2 set of results as you (as in the screenshots; number of results and
order) for logged in and logged out.

I have:
Safari Version 3.1.2 (5525.20.1)
Mac OS X Version 10.5.6

And my XWiki account is a regular one.

I don't know what's going on, but hope this helps.

Anamaria

On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 1:57 AM, [Ricardo Rodriguez] Your EPEC Network ICT
Team <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Please, does Lucene search work fine for you? Thanks!
>
> Cheers,
>
> Ricardo
>
> [Ricardo Rodriguez] Your EPEC Network ICT Team wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I am seeing some weird behaviour of Lucene search on XWiki. Using
> > Firefox 3.0.11 in a Mac OS X box. Please, look at this:
> >
> > While logged in...
> >
> > http://xen.net/images/loggedIn.png
> >
> > Only one entry shown in each page.
> >
> > While logged out...
> >
> > http://xen.net/images/loggedOut.png
> >
> > Please, does this make any sense for you? Thanks!
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Ricardo
> >

> --
> Ricardo Rodríguez
> Your EPEC Network ICT Team

Re: Lucene again

rrodrigueznt
Thanks Anamaria,

I've heard/read that Lucene has some kind of problems, but this was long
time ago, so it is for sure that the module has been improved. Let's see
if others have the same problem and anybody at XWiki perhaps could take
a look at this. The search is almost no useful in this situation.

Is this a known bug? How could we find a workaround this problem? Thanks!

Cheers,

Ricardo

Anamaria Stoica wrote:

> Hi Ricardo,
> I just tried the same search for "component" on XWiki.org (from
> http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/WebHome), and I got exactly the
> same 2 set of results as you (as in the screenshots; number of results and
> order) for logged in and logged out.
>
> I have:
> Safari Version 3.1.2 (5525.20.1)
> Mac OS X Version 10.5.6
>
> And my XWiki account is a regular one.
>
> I don't know what's going on, but hope this helps.
>
> Anamaria
>

> On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 1:57 AM, [Ricardo Rodriguez] Your EPEC Network ICT
> Team <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> Please, does Lucene search work fine for you? Thanks!
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Ricardo
>>
>> [Ricardo Rodriguez] Your EPEC Network ICT Team wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I am seeing some weird behaviour of Lucene search on XWiki. Using
>>> Firefox 3.0.11 in a Mac OS X box. Please, look at this:
>>>
>>> While logged in...
>>>
>>> http://xen.net/images/loggedIn.png
>>>
>>> Only one entry shown in each page.
>>>
>>> While logged out...
>>>
>>> http://xen.net/images/loggedOut.png
>>>
>>> Please, does this make any sense for you? Thanks!
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> Ricardo
>>>

>> --
>> Ricardo Rodríguez
>> Your EPEC Network ICT Team

Ricardo Rodríguez
Your EPEC Network ICT Team

Re: Lucene again

Sergiu Dumitriu-2
FYI, I fixed the search problems on xwiki.org, but the real problem is
somewhere in the rights checking mechanism combined with virtual wikis.
At least now I know what the problem is.

Watch for
http://jira.xwiki.org/jira/browse/XPLUCENE-44 and
http://jira.xwiki.org/jira/browse/XWIKI-4106

[Ricardo Rodriguez] Your EPEC Network ICT Team wrote:

> Thanks Anamaria,
>
> I've heard/read that Lucene has some kind of problems, but this was long
> time ago, so it is for sure that the module has been improved. Let's see
> if others have the same problem and anybody at XWiki perhaps could take
> a look at this. The search is almost no useful in this situation.
>
> Is this a known bug? How could we find a workaround this problem? Thanks!
>
> Cheers,
>
> Ricardo
>
> Anamaria Stoica wrote:
>> Hi Ricardo,
>> I just tried the same search for "component" on XWiki.org (from
>> http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/WebHome), and I got exactly the
>> same 2 set of results as you (as in the screenshots; number of results and
>> order) for logged in and logged out.
>>
>> I have:
>> Safari Version 3.1.2 (5525.20.1)
>> Mac OS X Version 10.5.6
>>
>> And my XWiki account is a regular one.
>>
>> I don't know what's going on, but hope this helps.
>>
>> Anamaria
>>

>> On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 1:57 AM, [Ricardo Rodriguez] Your EPEC Network ICT
>> Team <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>

>>> Please, does Lucene search work fine for you? Thanks!
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> Ricardo

http://purl.org/net/sergiu/

Re: Lucene again

rrodrigueznt
Thanks Sergiu!

Sergiu Dumitriu wrote:
> FYI, I fixed the search problems on xwiki.org, but the real problem is
> somewhere in the rights checking mechanism combined with virtual wikis.
> At least now I know what the problem is.
>
> Watch for
> http://jira.xwiki.org/jira/browse/XPLUCENE-44 and
> http://jira.xwiki.org/jira/browse/XWIKI-4106
Watched!

I do hope to be able to help any of these days! :-)

Best,

--
Ricardo Rodríguez
Your EPEC Network ICT Team

Re: Lucene again

rrodrigueznt
Hi, Sergiu,

Sergiu Dumitriu wrote:
> FYI, I fixed the search problems on xwiki.org, but the real problem is
> somewhere in the rights checking mechanism combined with virtual wikis.
> At least now I know what the problem is.

I am afraid something is not working fine with search again.

*Logged-in search*. Looking for "model" in http://www.xwiki.org (after
your last messages about the new data model). All wikis, all spaces when
working with Lucene. All spaces when trying WebSearch.

LuceneSearch: 61 hits. Only AIXM is showed.
WebSearch: 4 hits. All in one page.

*If I log-out...*

LuceneSearch: 63 hits. Three pages. All of them show up.
WebSearch: 2 hits.