Quantcast

Macro Toolbar Option Greyed Out

Rolf Bernau
Hi,

In Xwiki 9.1.2 I have enabled the xwiki-marco toolbar option for the Wysiwig editor, and indeed there is a button shown in the toolbar now.

However, this button is greyed out for some reason that I don't know.

Would appreciate some help with this.

Thanks
Rolf

Re: Macro Toolbar Option Greyed Out

Marius Dumitru Florea
On Mon, May 8, 2017 at 6:17 PM, Rolf Bernau <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> In Xwiki 9.1.2 I have enabled the xwiki-marco toolbar option for the
> Wysiwig editor, and indeed there is a button shown in the toolbar now.

Are you referring to the CKEditor (which is used by default on 9.1.2) or to
the old GWT-based WYSIWYG editor? If you're referring to the CKEditor then
the button to insert macros is enabled by default. You don't have to do
anything. So I'm not sure what you did and why you did it.

If you're referring to the *dedicated* insert macro button, that inserts a
specific macro as per
http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/CKEditor+Integration#HPutDedicatedInsertMacroButtonsontheToolBar
, then you need to paste the advanced configuration you used so that we can
try to reproduce.

Hope this helps,
Marius

> However, this button is greyed out for some reason that I don't know.
>
> Would appreciate some help with this.
>
> Thanks
> Rolf

Re: Macro Toolbar Option Greyed Out

Rolf Bernau
Hi Marius,
I am using the default CKEditor in 9.1.2.
In one of my installations on CentOS the macro button is visible and enabled (and usable) in the editor, but on another system on Amazon Linux the button is just visible but greyed out and cannot be used.
Thanks
Rolf

On Mon, May 8, 2017 at 6:17 PM, Rolf Bernau <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> In Xwiki 9.1.2 I have enabled the xwiki-marco toolbar option for the
> Wysiwig editor, and indeed there is a button shown in the toolbar now.

Are you referring to the CKEditor (which is used by default on 9.1.2) or to the old GWT-based WYSIWYG editor? If you're referring to the CKEditor then the button to insert macros is enabled by default. You don't have to do anything. So I'm not sure what you did and why you did it.

If you're referring to the *dedicated* insert macro button, that inserts a specific macro as per http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/CKEditor+Integration#HPutDedicatedInsertMacroButtonsontheToolBar
, then you need to paste the advanced configuration you used so that we can try to reproduce.

Hope this helps,
Marius

> However, this button is greyed out for some reason that I don't know.
>
> Would appreciate some help with this.
>
> Thanks
> Rolf

Re: Macro Toolbar Option Greyed Out

Rolf Bernau
Any ideas why the macro button in 9.1.2 CKEditor is greyed out even though it should be enabled by default?

[[Note: The XWiki project is switching away from this mailing list and moving to a forum: https://discourse.xwiki.org. This list will be made readonly in a few days. Please post on the forum from now on. Thanks.]]

-----
On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 10:12 AM, Rolf Bernau <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Any ideas why the macro button in 9.1.2 CKEditor is greyed out even though
> it should be enabled by default?

No idea. I would try to reset the CKEditor configuration from the
Administration and to clear the browser cache. Also, you should take a look
at the JavaScript console. Maybe there's some JavaScript error that blocks
the macro plugin.

Hope  this helps,
Marius