Macro for "related pages" or "sons pages" or "see also"

Macro for "related pages" or "sons pages" or "see also"

Belkhiria Hamza Yazid
Hi,

Is there a Macro/Extension/Solution for Xwiki similar to the one used in
Wikipedia,

I am thinking of some tool that allows a page to have son pages (tree
hierarchy if possible) and to list them automatically, like the "see also"
feature in wikipedia, or "related articles"
Does that make sense ?
or is it done manually in wikipedia ?

Best Regards,

--
*BHY*

Re: Macro for "related pages" or "sons pages" or "see also"

Marius Dumitru Florea
For parent-child relationship see
http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Features/PageEditing#HSettingthepageparent
and search for "child" and "parent" in http://extensions.xwiki.org .
Note that the default document index (
http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Index+Application
) already provides a tree view of your documents.

Hope this helps,
Marius

On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 8:35 AM, Belkhiria Hamza Yazid

> Is there a Macro/Extension/Solution for Xwiki similar to the one used in
> Wikipedia,
>
> I am thinking of some tool that allows a page to have son pages (tree
> hierarchy if possible) and to list them automatically, like the "see also"
> feature in wikipedia, or "related articles"
> Does that make sense ?
> or is it done manually in wikipedia ?
>

> Best Regards,
>

> --
> *BHY*

Re: Macro for "related pages" or "sons pages" or "see also"

Belkhiria Hamza Yazid
Thanks,Marius
 what i meant is more a tool for readers to navigate from parent to
children or related articles
like the "see also" in wikipedia

On 9 May 2013 07:53, Marius Dumitru Florea
<[hidden email]>wrote:

> For parent-child relationship see
>
> http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Features/PageEditing#HSettingthepageparent
> and search for "child" and "parent" in http://extensions.xwiki.org .
> Note that the default document index (
> http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Index+Application
> ) already provides a tree view of your documents.
>
> Hope this helps,
> Marius
>
> On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 8:35 AM, Belkhiria Hamza Yazid
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >

> > Is there a Macro/Extension/Solution for Xwiki similar to the one used in
> > Wikipedia,
> >
> > I am thinking of some tool that allows a page to have son pages (tree
> > hierarchy if possible) and to list them automatically, like the "see
> also"
> > feature in wikipedia, or "related articles"
> > Does that make sense ?
> > or is it done manually in wikipedia ?
> >

> > Best Regards,
> >

> > --
> > *BHY*

*BHY*

Re: Macro for "related pages" or "sons pages" or "see also"

Silvia Rusu
Hi!

What could be useful is the "Information" tab at the bottom of pages. There
you can find information about:
* The parent for the current page
* Children
* Backlinks

E.g. for the platform features page we have:
http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Features/WebHome#Information

Silvia

On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 9:58 AM, Belkhiria Hamza Yazid <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks,Marius
>  what i meant is more a tool for readers to navigate from parent to
> children or related articles
> like the "see also" in wikipedia
>

> On 9 May 2013 07:53, Marius Dumitru Florea
> <[hidden email]>wrote:
>
> > For parent-child relationship see
> >

> http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Features/PageEditing#HSettingthepageparent
> > and search for "child" and "parent" in http://extensions.xwiki.org .
> > Note that the default document index (
> > http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Index+Application
> > ) already provides a tree view of your documents.
> >
> > Hope this helps,
> > Marius
> >
> > On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 8:35 AM, Belkhiria Hamza Yazid
> > <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >

> > > Is there a Macro/Extension/Solution for Xwiki similar to the one used
> in
> > > Wikipedia,
> > >
> > > I am thinking of some tool that allows a page to have son pages (tree
> > > hierarchy if possible) and to list them automatically, like the "see
> > also"
> > > feature in wikipedia, or "related articles"
> > > Does that make sense ?
> > > or is it done manually in wikipedia ?
> > >

> > > Best Regards,
> > >

> > > --