Macro registration

pinkerp
I use a Menu Macro extensively to provide site navigation on our xwiki
instance (4.2).  I logged in today and found that I am getting an error
stating that the macro is no longer registerered.  While I am working to
figure out what happened to cause this on our end, can someone enlighten
me as to how to re-register it simply so that I can at least get back to
the site being useful?

Paul Pinkerton
KnowledgeNow Project Lead

Re: Macro registration

Hamster
One thing you could try:

1. Go to the page with the macro
2. Edit-->Objects and save the page

It helped me one time when my macro was no longer recognized. Maybe it will help you too?

Re: Macro registration

If you're talking about
http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Menu+Application
then, as previously suggested, try to save the Menu.MenuMacro page.
Note that the macro has a "visibility" property. Larger visibility
requires more rights. So maybe the last user that saved this page
didn't have the right to register the macro at the specified
scope/visibility (check with the object editor).

Hope this helps,
Marius