Quantcast

Maven 3.5.0 is out

Release notes:
http://maven.apache.org/docs/3.5.0/release-notes.html

Interesting aspects for us:
* The new project.directory special property adds support in every calculated URLs (project, SCM, site) for module directory name that does not match artifactId MNG-5878
* In previous Maven versions, there had been a larger problem related to memory usage in case of very large reactors (200-300 modules or more) which caused failures with out of memory exceptions or the need to increase the memory settings. This problem has been fixed with MNG-6030.

Fixed bugs that could be interesting for us:
* In previous Maven versions, there had been a larger problem related to memory usage in case of very large reactors (200-300 modules or more) which caused failures with out of memory exceptions or the need to increase the memory settings. This problem has been fixed with MNG-6030.

Potential issues:
* Replaced Eclipse Aether with Maven Resolver MNG-6110, MNG-6140.

Re: Maven 3.5.0 is out

On Sat, Apr 8, 2017 at 8:35 PM, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Release notes:
> http://maven.apache.org/docs/3.5.0/release-notes.html
>
> Interesting aspects for us:
> * The new project.directory special property adds support in every calculated URLs (project, SCM, site) for module directory name that does not match artifactId MNG-5878
> * In previous Maven versions, there had been a larger problem related to memory usage in case of very large reactors (200-300 modules or more) which caused failures with out of memory exceptions or the need to increase the memory settings. This problem has been fixed with MNG-6030.
>

> Fixed bugs that could be interesting for us:
> * In previous Maven versions, there had been a larger problem related to memory usage in case of very large reactors (200-300 modules or more) which caused failures with out of memory exceptions or the need to increase the memory settings. This problem has been fixed with MNG-6030.

We should probably move to Maven 3.5 in Jenkins to benefit from it
since it's mostly Jenkins which complain about that.

> Potential issues:
> * Replaced Eclipse Aether with Maven Resolver MNG-6110, MNG-6140.

I don't think this is an issue. It just mean we use a deprecated
library and we should move. I created
https://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XCOMMONS-1184 last week to remember
about that.