Maven-based naming best practices

Roman Muntyanu
Hello,

  Does XWiki have conventions documented regarding
    * directory layout and naming
    * groupId name
    * artifactId name
    * project name

  (briefly scanned http://dev.xwiki.org and did not find anything)

 Regards,
Roman

Re: Maven-based naming best practices

Clemens Klein-Robbenhaar
On 02/21/2014 04:47 PM, coldserenity wrote:

> Hello,
>
>   Does XWiki have conventions documented regarding
>     * directory layout and naming
>     * groupId name
>     * artifactId name
>     * project name
>
>   (briefly scanned http://dev.xwiki.org and did not find anything)
>
>  Regards,
> Roman

If you want to have a project in "xwiki contrib", then these steps (including naming conventions for groupId) might be helpful:

  http://contrib.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/WebHome

Aside of that usually if you have both java code and wiki pages in the extension there is the convention to have the java code in separate subdirectories <projectname>-api
and <projectname>-ui  (cannot find the docs for that either, however)

Cheers,
Clemens

Re: Maven-based naming best practices

I’ve added our current practices at http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Community/DevelopmentPractices#HBuildBestPractices

On 21 Feb 2014 at 16:47:37, coldserenity ([hidden email](mailto:[hidden email])) wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Does XWiki have conventions documented regarding
> * directory layout and naming
> * groupId name
> * artifactId name
> * project name
>
> (briefly scanned http://dev.xwiki.org and did not find anything)
>
> Regards,
> Roman

Re: Maven-based naming best practices

Roman Muntyanu
Hi Vincent,

  Thanks for documenting. I was looking for ideas to use on our own project.
  I have compiled such conventions based on XWiki structure.
  I have added proposal document which can be re-used (edited and published officially) by XWiki
     http://design.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Proposal/BuildConventions

  It would be interesting to hear thoughts regarding such conventions.

Regards,
  Roman