Menu Application hide the page name

Tom Neumann
Hi all,

how can I hide the page name within the menu application?
When I create a vertical menu, the name of the menu always appears on top of the menu.
I want to get rid of that.

FYI I don't use the {{menu}} tags, because the menu gets completely destroyed then.
So I am using a list only. Something like that:
*
**
**

Thanks,
Tom

Re: Menu Application hide the page name

Marius Dumitru Florea
Hi Tom,

In order to understand the problem it would help if you could post a screen
shot somewhere on the web and give us the link.

On Thu, Aug 18, 2016 at 1:01 PM, Tom Neumann <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> how can I hide the page name within the menu application?
> When I create a vertical menu, the name of the menu always appears on top
> of the menu.
> I want to get rid of that.
>
> FYI I don't use the {{menu}} tags, because the menu gets completely
> destroyed then.
> So I am using a list only. Something like that:
> *
> **
> **
>
> Thanks,
> Tom

Re: Menu Application hide the page name

Tom Neumann
Hi Marius,

here is the link:

https://1drv.ms/i/s!AlAuGq7EVLYuhK19ZDXKTE6L5lvNLw

As you can see, the menu is named "Vertical". This appears in the left column above the menu.

I would like the menu to start with the first item, which is "Network" for me.

How can I do that?

Thanks,

Tom

> From: [hidden email]
> Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2016 13:33:28 +0300
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [xwiki-users] Menu Application hide the page name
>
> Hi Tom,
>
> In order to understand the problem it would help if you could post a screen
> shot somewhere on the web and give us the link.
>
> Thanks,
> Marius
>
> On Thu, Aug 18, 2016 at 1:01 PM, Tom Neumann <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > how can I hide the page name within the menu application?
> > When I create a vertical menu, the name of the menu always appears on top
> > of the menu.
> > I want to get rid of that.
> >
> > FYI I don't use the {{menu}} tags, because the menu gets completely
> > destroyed then.
> > So I am using a list only. Something like that:
> > *
> > **
> > **
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Tom

Re: Menu Application hide the page name

pinkerp
Tom - it looks like the issue is in the panel (or whatever element you're using) to display the menu.  You seem to have a "title" in there, which is set to display the page title.  When I use a menu similarly created to yours and use {include} to display, I simply omit the title so the menu items are simply displayed.

Don't know if this helps, but I suspect the code at issue is in your panel, not the menu itself.

Paul Pinkerton
KnowledgeNow Project/ ACLCO

As you can see, the menu is named "Vertical". This appears in the left column above the menu.

I would like the menu to start with the first item, which is "Network" for me.

How can I do that?

Thanks,

Tom

> From: [hidden email]
> Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2016 13:33:28 +0300
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [xwiki-users] Menu Application hide the page name
>
> Hi Tom,
>
> In order to understand the problem it would help if you could post a
> screen shot somewhere on the web and give us the link.
>
> Thanks,
> Marius
>
> On Thu, Aug 18, 2016 at 1:01 PM, Tom Neumann <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > how can I hide the page name within the menu application?
> > When I create a vertical menu, the name of the menu always appears
> > on top of the menu.
> > I want to get rid of that.
> >
> > FYI I don't use the {{menu}} tags, because the menu gets completely
> > destroyed then.
> > So I am using a list only. Something like that:
> > *
> > **
> > **
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Tom

Re: Menu Application hide the page name

You have two options:

(1) Edit the page that defines your menu using the Object editor, expand
the XWiki.UIExtensionClass object and remove the '#panelheader("Vertical")'
and '#panelfooter()' lines from the extension content. Save. The problem
with this solution is that the extension content will be re-generated when
you edit the menu again next time using the Menu Application.

(2) Create a panel using the panel application and use in its content:

{{menu type="vertical collapsible open"}}{{include
reference="xwiki:Menu.Vertical" /}}{{/menu}}

Hope this helps,
Marius

On Thu, Aug 18, 2016 at 2:56 PM, Tom Neumann <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Marius,
>

> here is the link:
>

> https://1drv.ms/i/s!AlAuGq7EVLYuhK19ZDXKTE6L5lvNLw
>

> As you can see, the menu is named "Vertical". This appears in the left
> column above the menu.
>

> I would like the menu to start with the first item, which is "Network" for
> me.
>

> How can I do that?
>

> Thanks,
>

> Tom
>
> > From: [hidden email]
> > Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2016 13:33:28 +0300
> > To: [hidden email]
> > Subject: Re: [xwiki-users] Menu Application hide the page name
> >
> > Hi Tom,
> >
> > In order to understand the problem it would help if you could post a
> screen
> > shot somewhere on the web and give us the link.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Marius
> >
> > On Thu, Aug 18, 2016 at 1:01 PM, Tom Neumann <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > how can I hide the page name within the menu application?
> > > When I create a vertical menu, the name of the menu always appears on
> top
> > > of the menu.
> > > I want to get rid of that.
> > >
> > > FYI I don't use the {{menu}} tags, because the menu gets completely
> > > destroyed then.
> > > So I am using a list only. Something like that:
> > > *
> > > **
> > > **
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Tom

Re: Menu Application hide the page name

Tom Neumann
Hi Marius,

both options work perfectly fine, thank you!
I chose the second one so I don't have to change the objects every time.

Thanks,
Tom