Quantcast

Menu extension and secondary wiki

redactech
Hi,

I am using the menu extension and I have trouble parametring it while I use a secondary wiki.

The screenshot was taken from the secondary wiki.

I am wondering why  pages of the primary wiki are not linked anymore to the menu 1 in the secondary wiki, and how could I put the menu 2 under the menu 1?

Thanks for your help.

Re: Menu extension and secondary wiki

Marius Dumitru Florea
On Thu, Apr 20, 2017 at 1:33 PM, redactech <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using the menu extension and I have trouble parametring it while I use
> a secondary wiki.
>
> The screenshot was taken from the secondary wiki.
>

> I am wondering why  pages of the primary wiki are not linked anymore to the
> menu 1 in the secondary wiki,

Probably because those links use relative page references which are
resolved relative to the current wiki. The WYSIWYG editor generates links
with relative references by default (i.e. when you edit the menu).
Moreover, the menu is probably rendered in the context of the current wiki
not in the context of the source wiki. This may be good or bad. I'm not
sure.

The workaround is probably to edit the menu, switch to source and add the
wiki prefix to the page references: [[label>>wikiId:Path.To.Page]]

> and how could I put the menu 2 under the menu
> 1?

The menu is added there through an extension point called "After Header"
http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/ExtensionPoint/AfterHeaderUIX and
which supports a parameter named "order"
https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-platform/blob/master/xwiki-platform-core/xwiki-platform-flamingo/xwiki-platform-flamingo-skin/xwiki-platform-flamingo-skin-resources/src/main/resources/flamingo/global.vm#L15
that can be used to order the elements injected after header. This
parameter is not exposed by the Menu Application but you can edit the menu
in object mode and set the parameter in the XWiki.UIExtensionClass object:

order=10

Hope this helps,
Marius

> <http://xwiki.475771.n2.nabble.com/file/n7603550/pb_app_menu.png>
>

> Thanks for your help.

Re: Menu extension and secondary wiki

redactech
Hi Marius,

Thank you, I managed to display the links in secondary wikis, but I don't understand how to change the object parameter though (when I edit the menu page in object mode, which code lines should I add?)

Thank you.

[[Note: The XWiki project is switching away from this mailing list and moving to a forum: https://discourse.xwiki.org. This list will be made readonly in a few days. Please post on the forum from now on. Thanks.]]

-----
On Wed, May 17, 2017 at 4:07 PM, redactech <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [[Note: The XWiki project is switching away from this mailing list and
> moving to a forum: https://discourse.xwiki.org. This list will be made
> readonly in a few days. Please post on the forum from now on. Thanks.]]
>
> -----
> Hi Marius,
>
> Thank you, I managed to display the links in secondary wikis, but I don't
> understand how to change the object parameter though (when I edit the menu
> page in object mode, which code lines should I add?)

You just expand the XWiki.UIExtensionClass object and add the following
line to the Parameters property (text area):

order=10

> Thank you.

Re: Menu extension and secondary wiki

tadewos somano
[[Note: The XWiki project is switching away from this mailing list and moving to a forum: https://discourse.xwiki.org. This list will be made readonly in a few days. Please post on the forum from now on. Thanks.]]

-----
Dears,
I have been trying to configure xwiki for LDAP authentication. I am using
xwiki 9.2. I followed all the steps for LDAP authenticator with and without
GUI(LDAP Application). But xwiki is not working.I just wasted a lot of time.
The following are some of the documentations I followed
1.http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/LDAP/Authenticator/
 2.http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/LDAP/Application/
 3.
http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/AdminGuide/Authentication#HLDAPAuthentication
 4.https://network.xwiki.com/xwiki/bin/view/DocXE27En/LDAPAuthentication
For instance an other php  application  worked easily and charmingly.Is
there is right documentation for xwiki. Or is it just full of bugs and
terrible that I have to leave it for ever?

Best,

*Tadewos *

On Fri, May 19, 2017 at 10:20 AM, Marius Dumitru Florea <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> [[Note: The XWiki project is switching away from this mailing list and
> moving to a forum: https://discourse.xwiki.org. This list will be made
> readonly in a few days. Please post on the forum from now on. Thanks.]]
>
> -----
> On Wed, May 17, 2017 at 4:07 PM, redactech <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > [[Note: The XWiki project is switching away from this mailing list and
> > moving to a forum: https://discourse.xwiki.org. This list will be made
> > readonly in a few days. Please post on the forum from now on. Thanks.]]
> >
> > -----
> > Hi Marius,
> >
> > Thank you, I managed to display the links in secondary wikis, but I don't
> > understand how to change the object parameter though (when I edit the
> menu
> > page in object mode, which code lines should I add?)
> >

> You just expand the XWiki.UIExtensionClass object and add the following
> line to the Parameters property (text area):
>
> order=10
>

> > Thank you.

Re: Menu extension and secondary wiki

redactech