Quantcast

Menu extension and secondary wiki

redactech
Hi,

I am using the menu extension and I have trouble parametring it while I use a secondary wiki.

The screenshot was taken from the secondary wiki.

I am wondering why  pages of the primary wiki are not linked anymore to the menu 1 in the secondary wiki, and how could I put the menu 2 under the menu 1?

Thanks for your help.

Re: Menu extension and secondary wiki

Marius Dumitru Florea
On Thu, Apr 20, 2017 at 1:33 PM, redactech <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using the menu extension and I have trouble parametring it while I use
> a secondary wiki.
>
> The screenshot was taken from the secondary wiki.
>

> I am wondering why  pages of the primary wiki are not linked anymore to the
> menu 1 in the secondary wiki,

Probably because those links use relative page references which are
resolved relative to the current wiki. The WYSIWYG editor generates links
with relative references by default (i.e. when you edit the menu).
Moreover, the menu is probably rendered in the context of the current wiki
not in the context of the source wiki. This may be good or bad. I'm not
sure.

The workaround is probably to edit the menu, switch to source and add the
wiki prefix to the page references: [[label>>wikiId:Path.To.Page]]

> and how could I put the menu 2 under the menu
> 1?

The menu is added there through an extension point called "After Header"
http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/ExtensionPoint/AfterHeaderUIX and
which supports a parameter named "order"
https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-platform/blob/master/xwiki-platform-core/xwiki-platform-flamingo/xwiki-platform-flamingo-skin/xwiki-platform-flamingo-skin-resources/src/main/resources/flamingo/global.vm#L15
that can be used to order the elements injected after header. This
parameter is not exposed by the Menu Application but you can edit the menu
in object mode and set the parameter in the XWiki.UIExtensionClass object:

order=10

Hope this helps,
Marius