Multi-level Web Spaces

Milt Taylor
Can someone advise me what happens if you create a wiki page named such as:

Myspace.subspace1.subspace2.document?

Does this represent a page named "document" in the space Myspace.subspace1.subspace2 ?

Or a page named subspace1.subspace2.document in a space called Myspace?

I understand of course that xwiki doesn't have a concept of nested spaces in the true sense, i.e. access rights on Myspace would not 'flow through' down the line through multiple child spaces.

Thanks,
Milt

Re: Multi-level Web Spaces

jeremi joslin
> Can someone advise me what happens if you create a wiki page named such as:
>
> Myspace.subspace1.subspace2.document?
The space will have the name Myspace and the document
subspace1.subspace2.document

> Does this represent a page named "document" in the space Myspace.subspace1.subspace2 ?
>
> Or a page named subspace1.subspace2.document in a space called Myspace?
yep

> I understand of course that xwiki doesn't have a concept of nested spaces in the true sense, i.e. access rights on Myspace would not 'flow through' down the line through multiple child spaces.

Jérémi

--
http://www.jeremi.info
http://www.xwiki.org

Re: Multi-level Web Spaces

Ludovic Dubost

Nope..

Space:

Myspace.subspace1.subspace2

Doc:

document

However, I can't guarantee that there are no side effects.. The design
was really made for only one dot..

Ludovic

jeremi joslin a écrit :

>> Can someone advise me what happens if you create a wiki page named such as:
>>
>> Myspace.subspace1.subspace2.document?
>>
> The space will have the name Myspace and the document
> subspace1.subspace2.document
>
>> Does this represent a page named "document" in the space Myspace.subspace1.subspace2 ?
>>
>> Or a page named subspace1.subspace2.document in a space called Myspace?
>>
> yep
>
>> I understand of course that xwiki doesn't have a concept of nested spaces in the true sense, i.e. access rights on Myspace would not 'flow through' down the line through multiple child spaces.
>>

> Jérémi
>
> --
> http://www.jeremi.info
> http://www.xwiki.org
> skype: jeremi23

Re: Multi-level Web Spaces

Jim Stuttard-3

> access rights on
> Myspace would not 'flow through' down the line through multiple child
> spaces.

Is this correct?

Jim

--
Jim Stuttard

Re: Multi-level Web Spaces

Ludovic Dubost-3

Yes.. There are no subspaces, so if the space is different the rights
are different..

Space1.Doc
and
Space1.Space2.Doc