Multiple Servers, same wiki db

Milt Taylor
Does xwiki work properly if you have two different servers (running the same software), but sharing the same wiki database?

Re: Multiple Servers, same wiki db

jeremi joslin
> Does xwiki work properly if you have two different servers (running the same software), but sharing the same wiki database?
I don't think so. You will have some problems with the cache.

Jérémi
--
http://www.jeremi.info
http://www.xwiki.org

Re: Multiple Servers, same wiki db

Ludovic Dubost

XWiki needs some slight modifications and a lot of testing for this setup..
XWiki uses an XWikiCache for it's caches which uses OSCache. OSCache is
capable of making caches from different servers communicate. It's a
matter of setup.
Now some code in XWiki might still use some small HashMap and these
would need to go into an XWikiCache..

If you are willing to test under a multiple server configuration, let us
know.

Ludovic