[MySQL] Database Dump 0.9.2

moloch lists
Hi,

I am having such trouble importing the mysql dump 0.9.2 into my mysql database.

I am working from the installation instructions found at xwiki here:

[http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/AdminGuide/Linux+Tomcat+MySQL]

I have successfully created an xwiki database instance in my mysql database, created the user and granted the user rights over the xwiki database.

The instructions indicate that next I should Download the xwiki-db .zip file and use it to import the required data into my xwiki database using the example command line command as shown.

[Download xwiki-db-x.zip and unzip it. Import the mysql dump into the 'xwiki' database using "mysql -u xwiki -pxwiki xwiki < xwiki-db-x.txt" from command prompt]

First problem is that the xwiki-db.0.9.2.zip file contains a .sql file, not a .txt file. I assume that the instructions have not been updated to reflect with the new mysql database dump.

Secondly I am unable to import this data into my mysql database. I am running Suse9.1 and mysql Ver 12.22 Distrib 4.0.18.

I tried the above instruction, to import the dump as:
mysql -u xwiki -pxwiki xwiki < xwiki-db-0.9.2.sql

I get this error
ERROR 1064 at line 21: You have an error in your SQL syntax.  Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1' at line 11

I tried to do a mysqlimport but this would obviously never work since "The base name of the text file must be the name of the table that should be used."

I get an error
mysqlimport: Error: Table 'xwiki.xwiki' doesn't exist, when using table: xwiki

I have also tried the mysql control center without much success. It also complains about the SQL sytnax.

Many thanks
Moloch.

Re: [MySQL] Database Dump 0.9.2

Andrey V. Karlov
Hello,

> I am having such trouble importing the mysql dump 0.9.2 into my
> mysql database.

[...]

> Secondly I am unable to import this data into my mysql database. I am
> running Suse9.1 and mysql Ver 12.22 Distrib 4.0.18.

[...]

> I get an error
> mysqlimport: Error: Table 'xwiki.xwiki' doesn't exist, when using table:
> xwiki

  You need to update MySQL to version 4.1.x

--
Best regards,
 Andrey                            mailto:[hidden email]

Re: [MySQL] Database Dump 0.9.2

Ludovic Dubost-3

There might be an issue with importing in your version of MySQL.
You might want to try to get rid of these instructions using sed

sed "s/DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1//g" < xwiki-db-x.txt > xwiki.sql

The fact that it is called ".txt" does not matter. It is a sql script

Ludovic