MyXWiki.org legal information

Ecaterina Moraru (Valica)
Hi Devs,

We had an user ask about MyXWiki.org privacy agreements, see
https://forum.xwiki.org/t/agreement-on-wiki-at-myxwiki-org-privacy/4241

I've added more details on MyXWiki.org homepage about:
* Who is the legal entity behind MyXWiki?
* What about Copyright and Intellectual Property?
* What about Privacy Policy?

See https://www.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/

Please review it, see if you have more adjustments / details.

Re: MyXWiki.org legal information

Hi Caty,

> On 22 Jan 2019, at 12:52, Ecaterina Moraru (Valica) <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Devs,
>
> We had an user ask about MyXWiki.org privacy agreements, see
> https://forum.xwiki.org/t/agreement-on-wiki-at-myxwiki-org-privacy/4241
>
> I've added more details on MyXWiki.org homepage about:
> * Who is the legal entity behind MyXWiki?
> * What about Copyright and Intellectual Property?
> * What about Privacy Policy?
>
> See https://www.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/
>
> Please review it, see if you have more adjustments / details.

Thanks for working on this! Looks good to me overall. Some small remarks below.

1) "The content of this farm is licensed under a Creative Commons license. Still, each wiki owner is responsible for their own content. Also the target of this farm are non-profit organizations and individuals, so the generated wiki should not be used for commercial purposes..”.

I don’t understand these sentences. What is under CC? IMO the user is free to choose the license they want for their contents.

Or are you talking about the content of the main wiki only. If this is the case then we should mention that.

2) "MyXWiki.org administrators have technical access…”

The group used is wrong IMO. It shouldn’t be XWikiSASGroup but an AdminGroup for Myxwiki.org which can include active committers from different companies and not just XWiki SAS. Also some non-active committers should be removed IMO (Caleb for example).

Easiest might be to point to https://www.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/XWiki/XWikiAdminGroup. Not sure why we need an XWikiSASGroup BTW.

On Tue, Jan 22, 2019 at 8:43 PM Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Caty,
>
> > On 22 Jan 2019, at 12:52, Ecaterina Moraru (Valica) <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Devs,
> >
> > We had an user ask about MyXWiki.org privacy agreements, see
> > https://forum.xwiki.org/t/agreement-on-wiki-at-myxwiki-org-privacy/4241
> >
> > I've added more details on MyXWiki.org homepage about:
> > * Who is the legal entity behind MyXWiki?
> > * What about Copyright and Intellectual Property?
> > * What about Privacy Policy?
> >
> > See https://www.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/
> >
> > Please review it, see if you have more adjustments / details.
>
> Thanks for working on this! Looks good to me overall. Some small remarks below.
>
> 1) "The content of this farm is licensed under a Creative Commons license. Still, each wiki owner is responsible for their own content. Also the target of this farm are non-profit organizations and individuals, so the generated wiki should not be used for commercial purposes..”.
>
> I don’t understand these sentences. What is under CC? IMO the user is free to choose the license they want for their contents.
>
> Or are you talking about the content of the main wiki only. If this is the case then we should mention that.

I agree it should be made a little bit more clear, but not really sure
we really need this since it does not really affect sub wiki content
which is the target of this documentation.

> 2) "MyXWiki.org administrators have technical access…”
>
> The group used is wrong IMO. It shouldn’t be XWikiSASGroup but an AdminGroup for Myxwiki.org which can include active committers from different companies and not just XWiki SAS. Also some non-active committers should be removed IMO (Caleb for example).
>
> Easiest might be to point to https://www.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/XWiki/XWikiAdminGroup. Not sure why we need an XWikiSASGroup BTW.

+1, XWiki SAS is a sponsor here and not an admin

> > Caty

Re: MyXWiki.org legal information

Ecaterina Moraru (Valica)
1) Removed the CC part for the main wiki. Currently it will say:
"This farm is governed by French and International legislation on copyright
and intellectual property. Each wiki owner is responsible for their own
content. Also the target of this farm are non-profit organizations and
individuals, so the generated wiki should not be used for commercial
purposes."

2) I've replaced XWikiSASGroup with the XWikiAdminGroup. I've updated the
content of XWikiAdminGroup based on the data on XWiki.org's Hall Of Fame (
https://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Community/HallOfFame ). Currently the
groups contains 8 admins, see
https://www.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/XWiki/XWikiAdminGroup

Thanks for your feedback.