Navigation Menu Wiki Macro

Hamster
Using XWiki 4.0

I would like to try the Navigation Menu Wiki Macro, but it only creates an empty space "MenuCode" (MenuCode is listed as a space with a questionmark next to it)
(http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Navigation+Menu+Wiki+Macro#Attachments)

If I try to use the example code, I get "Unknown macro: menu"

{{menu type="vertical" position="right" id="panelmenu"}}
* [[Main>>Main.WebHome]]
* [[Sandbox>>Sandbox.WebHome]]
** [[Sandbox.TestPage1]]
** [[Sandbox.TestPage2]]
** [[Sandbox.TestPage3]]
* [[Blog>>Blog.WebHome]]
{{/menu}}

Is the Navigation Menu Wiki Macro broken?

Re: Navigation Menu Wiki Macro

Tested both
MenuCode.MenuWikiMacro-1.1.xar and
XWikiOrgCode.MenuMacro-branch-xwikiorg.1.xar
on 4.3-Milestone-1 and both work fine.

On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 9:02 AM, Hamster <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Using XWiki 4.0
>
> I would like to try the Navigation Menu Wiki Macro, but it only creates an
> empty space "MenuCode" (MenuCode is listed as a space with a questionmark
> next to it)
> (
> http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Navigation+Menu+Wiki+Macro#Attachments
> )
>
> If I try to use the example code, I get "Unknown macro: menu"
>
> {{menu type="vertical" position="right" id="panelmenu"}}
> * [[Main>>Main.WebHome]]
> * [[Sandbox>>Sandbox.WebHome]]
> ** [[Sandbox.TestPage1]]
> ** [[Sandbox.TestPage2]]
> ** [[Sandbox.TestPage3]]
> * [[Blog>>Blog.WebHome]]
> {{/menu}}
>
> Is the Navigation Menu Wiki Macro broken?

Re: Navigation Menu Wiki Macro

I'm experiencing some problems when installing the extension with the
Extension Manager. Did you used it in order to install the extension? or
you just did an import of the xar?
Maybe is because of http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-7458 ?
Anyway you should provide more details and create an issue on
http://jira.xwiki.org or maybe you can find another that shares your
problem.

On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 8:06 PM, Ecaterina Moraru (Valica) <[hidden email]

> Tested both
> MenuCode.MenuWikiMacro-1.1.xar and
> XWikiOrgCode.MenuMacro-branch-xwikiorg.1.xar
> on 4.3-Milestone-1 and both work fine.
>
> Thanks,
> Caty
>

> On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 9:02 AM, Hamster <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Using XWiki 4.0
>>
>> I would like to try the Navigation Menu Wiki Macro, but it only creates an
>> empty space "MenuCode" (MenuCode is listed as a space with a questionmark
>> next to it)
>> (
>> http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Navigation+Menu+Wiki+Macro#Attachments
>> )
>>
>> If I try to use the example code, I get "Unknown macro: menu"
>>
>> {{menu type="vertical" position="right" id="panelmenu"}}
>> * [[Main>>Main.WebHome]]
>> * [[Sandbox>>Sandbox.WebHome]]
>> ** [[Sandbox.TestPage1]]
>> ** [[Sandbox.TestPage2]]
>> ** [[Sandbox.TestPage3]]
>> * [[Blog>>Blog.WebHome]]
>> {{/menu}}
>>
>> Is the Navigation Menu Wiki Macro broken?

Re: Navigation Menu Wiki Macro

Hamster
Yes, I used the Extension Manager to install those two items.

They say that they are installable with the Extension Manager...so I did...or tried...but failed

Re: Navigation Menu Wiki Macro

Hamster
With "two items" I am talking about":

Navigation Menu Wiki Macro
http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Navigation+Menu+Wiki+Macro

Navigation Menu Config Application
http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/NavigationMenuConfig

Re: Navigation Menu Wiki Macro

On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 7:21 PM, Ecaterina Moraru (Valica) <[hidden email]

> I'm experiencing some problems when installing the extension with the
> Extension Manager.

In 4.3-Milestone-1 ?

> Did you used it in order to install the extension? or
> you just did an import of the xar?
> Maybe is because of http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-7458 ?
> Anyway you should provide more details and create an issue on
> http://jira.xwiki.org or maybe you can find another that shares your
> problem.
>
> Thanks,
> Caty
>

> On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 8:06 PM, Ecaterina Moraru (Valica) <
> [hidden email]
> > wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Tested both
> > MenuCode.MenuWikiMacro-1.1.xar and
> > XWikiOrgCode.MenuMacro-branch-xwikiorg.1.xar
> > on 4.3-Milestone-1 and both work fine.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Caty
> >

> > On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 9:02 AM, Hamster <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> Using XWiki 4.0
> >>
> >> I would like to try the Navigation Menu Wiki Macro, but it only creates
> an
> >> empty space "MenuCode" (MenuCode is listed as a space with a
> questionmark
> >> next to it)
> >> (
> >>
> http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Navigation+Menu+Wiki+Macro#Attachments
> >> )
> >>
> >> If I try to use the example code, I get "Unknown macro: menu"
> >>
> >> {{menu type="vertical" position="right" id="panelmenu"}}
> >> * [[Main>>Main.WebHome]]
> >> * [[Sandbox>>Sandbox.WebHome]]
> >> ** [[Sandbox.TestPage1]]
> >> ** [[Sandbox.TestPage2]]
> >> ** [[Sandbox.TestPage3]]
> >> * [[Blog>>Blog.WebHome]]
> >> {{/menu}}
> >>
> >> Is the Navigation Menu Wiki Macro broken?

Re: Navigation Menu Wiki Macro

Ecaterina Moraru (Valica)
On Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 11:01 AM, Thomas Mortagne
<[hidden email]>wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 7:21 PM, Ecaterina Moraru (Valica) <
> [hidden email]
> > wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm experiencing some problems when installing the extension with the
> > Extension Manager.
>

> In 4.3-Milestone-1 ?

No, in 4.3-Milestone-1 works fine. I was referring that the problem Hamster
was referring is reproducible on 4.0.
My wording caused confusion, sorry.

Caty

On Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 7:44 AM, Hamster <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Yes, I used the Extension Manager to install those two items.
>
> They say that they are installable with the Extension Manager...so I
> did...or tried...but failed

It is installable with Extension Manager but there has been improvements
and bugfixes since 4.0.

Re: Navigation Menu Wiki Macro

Hamster
Hi all,

I have got the Navigation Menu Wiki Macro up and running.

We are using the horizontal menu, and we like to add another level to the menu: (notice the ***)

{{menu type="horizontal" id="horizontalmenu"}}
* [[Home>>Main.WebHome]]
* [[Sandbox>>Sandbox.WebHome]]
** [[Sandbox TestPages]]
*** [[Sandbox.TestPage1]]
*** [[Sandbox.TestPage2]]
* [[Blog>>Blog.WebHome]]
** [[Blog Archive>>Blog.Archive]]
** [[Blog Categories>>Blog.Categories]]
{{/menu}}

Problem is that the 3rd level is expanded downwards, not to the left/right.

I have found the MenuCode.MenuWikiMacro page which controls the look and feel of the menu (I already changed the "CSS" making the menu smaller and more colorfull). That page also has some JavaScript and Velocity code.

I have a feeling that I need to change the JavaScript in order to make the sub-subitems appear to the right, but I don't know what I need to change... :-(

Does anyone have done this before?

Re: Navigation Menu Wiki Macro

Hamster
Can anyone get this to work properly?

If have looked at the JavaScript on the MenuCode.MenuWikiMacro page, but I can't get it to work.

I have got a feeling that I need to call a recursive loop, where I change the ClassName from 'menu-type-horizontal' (for the first children) to 'menu-position-left' (for all the sub-children), but I don't know how :-(

Any takers???

Here's my test-menu:

{{menu type="horizontal" id="horizontalmenu"}}
* [[Test>>Main.WebHome]]
** [[Sub Menu 1>>Main.WebHome]]
** [[Sub Menu 2>>Main.WebHome]]
*** [[Sub Menu 2.1>>Main.WebHome]]
*** [[Sub Menu 2.2>>Main.WebHome]]
*** [[Sub Menu 2.3>>Main.WebHome]]
** [[Sub Menu 3>>Main.WebHome]]
*** [[Sub Menu 3.1>>Main.WebHome]]
*** [[Sub Menu 3.2>>Main.WebHome]]
*** [[Sub Menu 3.3>>Main.WebHome]]
{{/menu}}

Re: Navigation Menu Wiki Macro

Hamster
No takers???

Re: Navigation Menu Wiki Macro

Hamster
Bump (I could use some help here!)

Re: Navigation Menu Wiki Macro

Hamster
I could still use some help on this issue...

Any takers?

Re: Navigation Menu Wiki Macro

Ecaterina Moraru (Valica)
I didn't wrote the JS part, sorry.

On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 12:29 PM, Hamster <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I could still use some help on this issue...
>
> Any takers?

Re: Navigation Menu Wiki Macro

pinkerp
Did anyone ever get this figured out - same issue here.

Paul Pinkerton
pinkerp@lao.on.ca

Re: Navigation Menu Wiki Macro

Hamster
Not that I know...

But if you are running on a more recent version of XWiki, you should try this extension:Menu Application

RE: Navigation Menu Wiki Macro

pinkerp
RE: Navigation Menu Wiki Macro

Thanks.  Unfortunately, I am running 4.2 which won't allow the new extension - and due to some custom programming, I can't upgrade at present.

I am working on getting a programmer involved at my end to see what we can come up with.

Paul

<http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Menu+Application