Quantcast

Navigation Panel

Timo Dachs-Wegmann
Hello all,

I installed the latest version of XWiki (9.3.1) and I want to get a new navigation panel since my old is a little bit buggy and outdated.

I would like to have something like the document tree macro generates with this command:

        {{velocity}}
        #panelheader('Navi3')
        {{documentTree showTranslations="false" showAttachments="false" compact="true" showSpaces="true" limit=20/}}
        #panelfooter()
        {{/velocity}}

But the problem there is, that I can't blacklist the spaces I don't want to be shown in this list...
There was a ticket already with this topic and I posted a comment there, so hopefully they add this "feature" (yes for me it is a needed feature) but I thought maybe you guys have a navigation bar that
is generated dynamicly and will work for me. (It should be a tree panel).
Something like this:
http://test.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Panels%20Tests/Navigation%20Panel#Attachments

Link to the JIRA ticket:
https://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-12895

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Timo Dachs-Wegmann
-EDV-

-------------------------------------
PROCITEC GmbH Rastatter Strasse 41
D-75179 Pforzheim
Fon: +49 7231 15561-29
Fax: +49 7231 15561-11
Mailto: [hidden email]

Mannheim HRB 504702
Geschäftsführer: Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Dipl.-Inf. (FH) Jens Heyen

Re: Navigation Panel

Hi Timo,

> On 10 May 2017, at 14:50, Timo Dachs-Wegmann <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello all,
>
> I installed the latest version of XWiki (9.3.1) and I want to get a new navigation panel since my old is a little bit buggy and outdated.
>
> I would like to have something like the document tree macro generates with this command:
>
> {{velocity}}
> #panelheader('Navi3')
> {{documentTree showTranslations="false" showAttachments="false" compact="true" showSpaces="true" limit=20/}}
> #panelfooter()
> {{/velocity}}
>
> But the problem there is, that I can't blacklist the spaces I don't want to be shown in this list…

If the spaces contain hidden pages or pages that the user doesn’t have permissions to view then it shouldn’t be listed. Maybe that’s a workaround that could work for you?

> There was a ticket already with this topic and I posted a comment there, so hopefully they add this "feature" (yes for me it is a needed feature) but I thought maybe you guys have a navigation bar that
> is generated dynamicly and will work for me. (It should be a tree panel).
> Something like this:
> http://test.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Panels%20Tests/Navigation%20Panel#Attachments

If you want to control the content, maybe you could use the Tree macro: http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Tree%20Macro

Or http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Document+Tree+Macro#HCustomDocumentTree

EDIT: I see you’ve commented on https://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-12895?focusedCommentId=94975&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-94975

I’ll reply there.

> Link to the JIRA ticket:
> https://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-12895
>

> Mit freundlichen Grüßen
>
> Timo Dachs-Wegmann
> -EDV-
>

> -------------------------------------
> PROCITEC GmbH Rastatter Strasse 41
> D-75179 Pforzheim
> Fon: +49 7231 15561-29
> Fax: +49 7231 15561-11
> Mailto: [hidden email]
>
> Mannheim HRB 504702
> Geschäftsführer: Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Dipl.-Inf. (FH) Jens Heyen

Re: Navigation Panel

Timo Dachs-Wegmann
Hi Vincent,

I've looked at the option for hiding spaces that are tagged as hidden but I can't hide all the pages I don't want to have in the navigation panel because they should be viewable by default...

We had another navigation panel in an earlier version that displays the navi as an accordion bar. It hat a blacklist option as you can see below:
        #set ($blacklistedSpaces = ['Main', 'AnnotationCode', 'ColorThemes', 'XWiki', 'Panels', 'Scheduler', 'Stats', 'AppWithinMinutes', 'Blog'])

I tried using the tree macro and I've read the documentation about the custom document tree but neither in the first few tries :(.

Thank you for your answer and I hope that Marius will find a way to add a Blacklist feature :)

Kind regards,
Timo