Nested Pages - Search Links Not Working

laurin1
So we are now starting to change all of the our pages to Nested. When linking to Nested pages in the page themselves, the links appear like this in the WYSIWYG editor:

[[Tickets>>Main.Intranet.Tickets<http://Home.Intranet.Tickets>]]

but when saved are converted to this:

However, Search results are broken. They appear like this:

[cid:image005.jpg@01D20F61.C86FF330]

Those do not work as the link Main.Intranet.Tickets takes me to this page:

[cid:image006.jpg@01D20F61.C86FF330]

I've tried re-indexing, but that does not help.

Keith Davis - MCSA, ZCE
P.R.I.D.E. - I.T. Director / Senior Developer
www.pridedallas.com<http://www.pridedallas.com/>
Mobile (214) 906-5183

image005.jpg (19K) Download Attachment
image006.jpg (26K) Download Attachment

Re: Nested Pages - Search Links Not Working

laurin1
It's very hard to manage this application with zero support. Am I blacklisted or what? I haven't received input on a single support issue since I complained about the release notes issue (which strangely enough seems to be being worked on now).

Keith Davis (214) 906-5183 - I.T. Director

image001.jpg (19K) Download Attachment
image002.jpg (26K) Download Attachment

Re: Nested Pages - Search Links Not Working

Marius Dumitru Florea
Hi Keith,

I suggest you read again the description of this mailing list from
http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Community/MailingLists . I think your
question is related to the usage of XWiki not to its development. But
before you re-post your question to the users mailing list, you should read
http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/Support . You'll see that the
community support does not guarantee a response time and it works on a
give-give basis. 3 days is not a long time, especially since there was a
weekend in between.

I hope you understand,
Marius

On Mon, Sep 19, 2016 at 2:22 PM, Keith Davis <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> It's very hard to manage this application with zero support. Am I
> blacklisted or what? I haven't received input on a single support issue
> since I complained about the release notes issue (which strangely enough
> seems to be being worked on now).
>
> Keith Davis (214) 906-5183 - I.T. Director

The main reason I posted to devs is because I have not received one single response (until this one), for any issue I've posted in over 6 months - not one. I was concerned either nobody was getting my requests or that I everyone was just ignoring me due to my previous comments.

I just wanted to make sure that I was actually being received, but I guess I would get about this response if I was.

I realize this is community support, but I've even offered to pay someone for support and got zero takers. We depend on this Wiki as it's the only one out there that really fits our needs. Thanks for responding. I'll wait and see if any responds to my current issue.

wrote:

> It's very hard to manage this application with zero support. Am I
> blacklisted or what? I haven't received input on a single support
> issue since I complained about the release notes issue (which
> strangely enough seems to be being worked on now).
>
> Keith Davis (214) 906-5183 - I.T. Director

That’s easy to check thanks to archives:
http://xwiki.markmail.org/search/?q=from%3Apridedallas.com

> or that I everyone was just ignoring me due to my previous comments.

FTR I did answer some of your question(s).

I don’t know why you didn’t get more answers.

One thing I noted though is that your last email is strangely displayed on the list:
* It’s not threaded, see http://xwiki.markmail.org/thread/wo7v736e2suupjor. The other mails are in a different thread: http://xwiki.markmail.org/thread/ryh3igwjvhjqn6pz
* It’s hard to parse visually since there’s no clear visual separation from the original content and the reply (like using “>” for example. See how it’s more visible at http://markmail.org/message/zd2mepffue4lbrpb for an example). Examples:
** http://markmail.org/message/6l7zzlidbafc43tp
** http://markmail.org/message/wo7v736e2suupjor

It probably doesn’t explain anything but could help make your emails more appealing.

> I just wanted to make sure that I was actually being received, but I guess I would get about this response if I was.
>
> I realize this is community support, but I've even offered to pay someone for support and got zero takers. We depend on this Wiki as it's the only one out there that really fits our needs. Thanks for responding. I'll wait and see if any responds to my current issue.

Well as Maris said you’re using the community channel, not the one for professional services so it’s a bit normal that nobody replied to you when you asked  to pay someone ;)

For paying options, see http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/Support#HProfessionalSupport

In short, you should contact the company. For XWiki SAS I guess you could use: http://www.xwiki.com/en/company/contact-us

> Keith Davis (214) 906-5183 - I.T. Director

Thanks, and I did find that today, but I was still skeptical.

FTR I did answer some of your question(s).

Yes, and you have been very helpful, Vincent, and I was wrong, someone (you) did respond once since my comments about the release notes, about xwiki.org being offline back in May. However, that is the only reply I've received in that time and I've sent a number of emails about issues we were having.

One thing I noted though is that your last email is strangely displayed on the list:

* It’s not threaded, see http://xwiki.markmail.org/thread/wo7v736e2suupjor. The other mails are in a different thread: http://xwiki.markmail.org/thread/ryh3igwjvhjqn6pz

Not sure why that is happening either.

* It’s hard to parse visually since there’s no clear visual separation from the original content and the reply (like using “>” for example. See how it’s more visible at http://markmail.org/message/zd2mepffue4lbrpb for an example). Examples:

** http://markmail.org/message/6l7zzlidbafc43tp

** http://markmail.org/message/wo7v736e2suupjor

It probably doesn’t explain anything but could help make your emails more appealing.

Yea, I’ve thought about that, but Outlook doesn’t do that by default. I just created a custom style to do that to see if it helps.

Well as Maris said you’re using the community channel, not the one for professional services so it’s a bit normal that nobody replied to you when you asked  to pay someone ;)

For paying options, see http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/Support#HProfessionalSupport

In short, you should contact the company. For XWiki SAS I guess you could use: http://www.xwiki.com/en/company/contact-us

Did not know there was a “professional services” channel.

Thanks for all of the input, Vincent.

Keith Davis (214) 906-5183 - I.T. Director

> On 19 Sep 2016, at 14:47, Keith Davis <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:

> The main reason I posted to devs is because I have not received one

> single response (until this one), for any issue I've posted in over 6

> months - not one. I was concerned either nobody was getting my

> requests

That’s easy to check thanks to archives:

http://xwiki.markmail.org/search/?q=from%3Apridedallas.com

> or that I everyone was just ignoring me due to my previous comments.

FTR I did answer some of your question(s).

I don’t know why you didn’t get more answers.

One thing I noted though is that your last email is strangely displayed on the list:

* It’s not threaded, see http://xwiki.markmail.org/thread/wo7v736e2suupjor. The other mails are in a different thread: http://xwiki.markmail.org/thread/ryh3igwjvhjqn6pz

* It’s hard to parse visually since there’s no clear visual separation from the original content and the reply (like using “>” for example. See how it’s more visible at http://markmail.org/message/zd2mepffue4lbrpb for an example). Examples:

** http://markmail.org/message/6l7zzlidbafc43tp

** http://markmail.org/message/wo7v736e2suupjor

It probably doesn’t explain anything but could help make your emails more appealing.

> I just wanted to make sure that I was actually being received, but I guess I would get about this response if I was.

> I realize this is community support, but I've even offered to pay someone for support and got zero takers. We depend on this Wiki as it's the only one out there that really fits our needs. Thanks for responding. I'll wait and see if any responds to my current issue.

Well as Maris said you’re using the community channel, not the one for professional services so it’s a bit normal that nobody replied to you when you asked  to pay someone ;)

For paying options, see http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/Support#HProfessionalSupport

In short, you should contact the company. For XWiki SAS I guess you could use: http://www.xwiki.com/en/company/contact-us

> Keith Davis (214) 906-5183 - I.T. Director

Keith Davis
Well, that did not work. The quote style I created did not carry over at
all. Switched my subscription over to my Gmail account. We'll see if that
helps at all.

Keith Davis
214-906-5183