New blog posts marked "unread" or "new"

Lockie
Hello

I'm using the blog system on my XWiki intranet as a form of announcements on the front page, and I would like the new entries in the blog to be more obvious that they are in fact new and unread by the user on their browser. So for example they have "(unread)" or "(new)" next to the post's title, which is then removed once the user clicks on the entry to view it's entire contents.

Is there any functionality like this that I could use? I guess this is more of a suggestion if there isn't.

Thanks
Lockie

Re: New blog posts marked "unread" or "new"

Hi Lockie,

On May 18, 2011, at 6:55 AM, Lockie wrote:

> Hello
>
> I'm using the blog system on my XWiki intranet as a form of announcements on
> the front page, and I would like the new entries in the blog to be more
> obvious that they are in fact new and unread by the user on their browser.
> So for example they have "(unread)" or "(new)" next to the post's title,
> which is then removed once the user clicks on the entry to view it's entire
> contents.
>
> Is there any functionality like this that I could use?

No this feature isn't implemented.

> I guess this is more
> of a suggestion if there isn't.

The main reason we don't have it by default I guess is that the blog is supposed to be a shared blog, not just for a single person. They are pages like other pages, shared. That said, it wouldn't be too hard to save the status of read/unread items in the user's profile.

You should open a jira issue of type "idea" on http://jira.xwiki.org for XWiki Platform (Blog component).