[New extension request] Class migrator application

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[New extension request] Class migrator application

caubin
Hi devs,

I would like to start a new contrib extension called
application-class-migrator.

What is it?
If you want to maintain an application, you might need to perform some
migrations on the data structure used by the app (rename xproperties,
add some, remove some, refactor some, …).

The idea of this application is simply to provide a user friendly
solution for application developers to handle migrations. Those
migrations can be described in a specific XObject in a page. The
migrations will be executed on extension upgrade.

I'll take care of creating the repo and the project on JIRA.

Thanks,
Clément
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [New extension request] Class migrator application

caubin
Hi again,

On 07/28/2018 08:24 AM, Clément Aubin wrote:

> Hi devs,
>
> I would like to start a new contrib extension called
> application-class-migrator.
>
> What is it?
> If you want to maintain an application, you might need to perform some
> migrations on the data structure used by the app (rename xproperties,
> add some, remove some, refactor some, …).
>
> The idea of this application is simply to provide a user friendly
> solution for application developers to handle migrations. Those
> migrations can be described in a specific XObject in a page. The
> migrations will be executed on extension upgrade.
>
> I'll take care of creating the repo and the project on JIRA.

Done, see the following links:

* https://github.com/xwiki-contrib/application-class-migrator
* https://jira.xwiki.org/projects/CLASSMIG

Have a nice day

> Thanks,
> Clément
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [New extension request] Class migrator application

caubin
Note: After some coding, I found out that it might be more clever to
start building a generic migration API that could be used for other kind
of migrations before actually implementing the class migration part.
Thus I'll rename the project to application-migrator and the project ID
to MIGRATOR.

Thanks,
Clément

On 07/28/2018 08:33 AM, Clément Aubin wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> On 07/28/2018 08:24 AM, Clément Aubin wrote:
>> Hi devs,
>>
>> I would like to start a new contrib extension called
>> application-class-migrator.
>>
>> What is it?
>> If you want to maintain an application, you might need to perform some
>> migrations on the data structure used by the app (rename xproperties,
>> add some, remove some, refactor some, …).
>>
>> The idea of this application is simply to provide a user friendly
>> solution for application developers to handle migrations. Those
>> migrations can be described in a specific XObject in a page. The
>> migrations will be executed on extension upgrade.
>>
>> I'll take care of creating the repo and the project on JIRA.
>
> Done, see the following links:
>
> * https://github.com/xwiki-contrib/application-class-migrator
> * https://jira.xwiki.org/projects/CLASSMIG
>
> Have a nice day
>
>> Thanks,
>> Clément
>>