Quantcast

New translation issue ?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

New translation issue ?

PascalB
Hello,

On xWiki 8.4.4 hints text on the preference page of user profiles are not translated.
In french version:
<<Préférences d'affichage:
AFFICHER LES DOCUMENTS CACHÉS
The wiki contains documents that are not displayed by default. These hidden ....>>

I found that these hints are in this page:
XWiki.UserProfileTranslations (with XWiki.TranslationDocumentClass)
with english langage only.

Others labels of profile page are in ApplicationResources.properties like usualy
https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-platform/blob/master/xwiki-platform-core/xwiki-platform-oldcore/src/main/resources/ApplicationResources.properties

You probably have a good reason for that (probably the lenght of text?, but anyway
 I must translate; XWiki.UserProfileTranslations?

I must open an issue about it?

Thxs

Pascal B
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: New translation issue ?

Thomas Mortagne
Administrator
I see in http://l10n.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Platform/PlatformXWikiUserProfileTranslations_-1630831696_XWiki-XWikiUsers_displayHiddenDocuments-hint_fr#History
that it's been translated by Xavier Richard after 8.4.4 release. It
should end up in 8.4.5 (if released) and it should be included in 9.1.

On Tue, Mar 21, 2017 at 4:16 PM, Pascal BASTIEN <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On xWiki 8.4.4 hints text on the preference page of user profiles are not translated.
> In french version:
> <<Préférences d'affichage:
> AFFICHER LES DOCUMENTS CACHÉS
> The wiki contains documents that are not displayed by default. These hidden ....>>
>
> I found that these hints are in this page:
> XWiki.UserProfileTranslations (with XWiki.TranslationDocumentClass)
> with english langage only.
>
> Others labels of profile page are in ApplicationResources.properties like usualy
> https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-platform/blob/master/xwiki-platform-core/xwiki-platform-oldcore/src/main/resources/ApplicationResources.properties
>
> You probably have a good reason for that (probably the lenght of text?, but anyway
>  I must translate; XWiki.UserProfileTranslations?
>
> I must open an issue about it?
>
> Thxs
>
> Pascal B



--
Thomas Mortagne
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: New translation issue ?

PascalB
In reply to this post by PascalB
k thxs.

I wonder why you don't store this translation key here:
https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-platform/blob/master/xwiki-platform-core/xwiki-platform-oldcore/src/main/resources/ApplicationResources.properties#L657
in ApplicationResources.properties file after platform.core.profile.displayHiddenDocuments=Display hidden pages

IMO, It is difficult to find translation key now (for new devs)

--------------------------------------------
En date de : Mar 21.3.17, Thomas Mortagne <[hidden email]> a écrit :

 Objet: Re: [xwiki-users] New translation issue ?
 À: "Pascal BASTIEN" <[hidden email]>, "XWiki Users" <[hidden email]>
 Date: Mardi 21 mars 2017, 16h48
 
 I see in http://l10n.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Platform/PlatformXWikiUserProfileTranslations_-1630831696_XWiki-XWikiUsers_displayHiddenDocuments-hint_fr#History
 that it's been translated by Xavier Richard
 after 8.4.4 release. It
 should end up in
 8.4.5 (if released) and it should be included in 9.1.
 
 On Tue, Mar 21, 2017 at 4:16 PM, Pascal BASTIEN
 <[hidden email]>
 wrote:
 > Hello,
 >
 > On xWiki 8.4.4 hints text on the
 preference page of user profiles are not translated.
 > In french version:
 >
 <<Préférences d'affichage:
 >
 AFFICHER LES DOCUMENTS CACHÉS
 > The wiki
 contains documents that are not displayed by default. These
 hidden ....>>
 >
 > I found that these hints are in this
 page:
 > XWiki.UserProfileTranslations
 (with XWiki.TranslationDocumentClass)
 >
 with english langage only.
 >
 > Others labels of profile page are in
 ApplicationResources.properties like usualy
 > https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-platform/blob/master/xwiki-platform-core/xwiki-platform-oldcore/src/main/resources/ApplicationResources.properties
 >
 > You probably have a
 good reason for that (probably the lenght of text?, but
 anyway
 >  I must translate;
 XWiki.UserProfileTranslations?
 >
 > I must open an issue about it?
 >
 > Thxs
 >
 > Pascal B
 
 
 
 --
 Thomas
 Mortagne
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: New translation issue ?

Thomas Mortagne
Administrator
It's better to provide the translation with the extension using them
so what is not right is the old translation keys location (oldcore)
that we move progressively.

On Wed, Mar 22, 2017 at 10:00 AM, Pascal BASTIEN
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> k thxs.
>
> I wonder why you don't store this translation key here:
> https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-platform/blob/master/xwiki-platform-core/xwiki-platform-oldcore/src/main/resources/ApplicationResources.properties#L657
> in ApplicationResources.properties file after platform.core.profile.displayHiddenDocuments=Display hidden pages
>

> IMO, It is difficult to find translation key now (for new devs)

You can use the search page on
http://l10n.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/L10N/Search (that's how I found
this one).

>
> --------------------------------------------
> En date de : Mar 21.3.17, Thomas Mortagne <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
>  Objet: Re: [xwiki-users] New translation issue ?
>  À: "Pascal BASTIEN" <[hidden email]>, "XWiki Users" <[hidden email]>
>  Date: Mardi 21 mars 2017, 16h48
>
>  I see in http://l10n.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Platform/PlatformXWikiUserProfileTranslations_-1630831696_XWiki-XWikiUsers_displayHiddenDocuments-hint_fr#History
>  that it's been translated by Xavier Richard
>  after 8.4.4 release. It
>  should end up in
>  8.4.5 (if released) and it should be included in 9.1.
>
>  On Tue, Mar 21, 2017 at 4:16 PM, Pascal BASTIEN
>  <[hidden email]>
>  wrote:
>  > Hello,
>  >
>  > On xWiki 8.4.4 hints text on the
>  preference page of user profiles are not translated.
>  > In french version:
>  >
>  <<Préférences d'affichage:
>  >
>  AFFICHER LES DOCUMENTS CACHÉS
>  > The wiki
>  contains documents that are not displayed by default. These
>  hidden ....>>
>  >
>  > I found that these hints are in this
>  page:
>  > XWiki.UserProfileTranslations
>  (with XWiki.TranslationDocumentClass)
>  >
>  with english langage only.
>  >
>  > Others labels of profile page are in
>  ApplicationResources.properties like usualy
>  > https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-platform/blob/master/xwiki-platform-core/xwiki-platform-oldcore/src/main/resources/ApplicationResources.properties
>  >
>  > You probably have a
>  good reason for that (probably the lenght of text?, but
>  anyway
>  >  I must translate;
>  XWiki.UserProfileTranslations?
>  >
>  > I must open an issue about it?
>  >
>  > Thxs
>  >
>  > Pascal B
>
>
>
>  --
>  Thomas
>  Mortagne



--
Thomas Mortagne
Loading...