News panel wizard

Sebastian Luna Valero
Hello,

Is it possible to make announcements to users on XWiki so they can see it
easily when they log in?

Not sure whether this functionality is already available somehow on XWiki
(I'm using version 8.4.5) and I am thinking of presenting the announcements
within a panel wizard similar to one like "recently modified".

Best regards,
Sebastian

Re: News panel wizard

Ecaterina Moraru (Valica)
There is this extension
http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Flash%20messages%20application
it's not using panels, but has the purpose you want.
it needs to be tested with latest versions of XWiki,

On Tue, May 2, 2017 at 12:15 PM, Sebastian Luna Valero <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Is it possible to make announcements to users on XWiki so they can see it
> easily when they log in?
>
> Not sure whether this functionality is already available somehow on XWiki
> (I'm using version 8.4.5) and I am thinking of presenting the announcements
> within a panel wizard similar to one like "recently modified".
>
> Best regards,
> Sebastian

Re: News panel wizard

Hamster
We have an "Announcement Page" which is included in the dashboard which everybody is using.

So when someboy logs in, they will see the latest announcements directly.

No extensions required :-)

Re: News panel wizard

Sebastian Luna Valero
​Hi All,

Many thanks for your answers, good to see different available options!

I have finally used xwiki's default blog to make announcements, and then I
have also added the "Recent Blog Posts" panel to the top left corner which
is moreless what we wanted to do.

Best regards,
Sebastian

Re: News panel wizard

tadewos somano
And the date in xwiki(for blogs, wikis,...) is 2009. How can it be
corrected?

*​Best,​Tadewos *

On Thu, May 4, 2017 at 11:24 AM, Sebastian Luna Valero <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> ​Hi All,
>
> Many thanks for your answers, good to see different available options!
>
> I have finally used xwiki's default blog to make announcements, and then I
> have also added the "Recent Blog Posts" panel to the top left corner which
> is moreless what we wanted to do.
>
> Best regards,
> Sebastian

Re: News panel wizard

Ecaterina Moraru (Valica)
On Thu, May 4, 2017 at 12:40 PM, tadewos somano <[hidden email]> wrote:

> And the date in xwiki(for blogs, wikis,...) is 2009. How can it be
> corrected?

I don't have an answer for that (except 1. xar export the page, modify
manually the date and reimport the page; or 2. change the date using
programming; etc.) but you can read more about the issue at
https://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-7058