Next version for 9.x cycle

We need to decide what’s our next version for 9.x.

Since 9.11 is supposed to be the last release (actually 9.10 was even supposed to be the last one according to http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Community/VersioningAndReleasePractices#HReleaseCyclesandReleaseStrategy we might need to change that).

We still have some stuff to stabilize: notifications, shortcuts, etc.

So I’m proposing that the next version be 9.11.1 and not 9.12 to keep the strategy of 12 main releases per year, and to start stabilizing the 9.x cycle.

Re: Next version for 9.x cycle

Ecaterina Moraru (Valica)
+0

On Tue, Dec 19, 2017 at 1:02 PM, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi devs,
>
> We need to decide what’s our next version for 9.x.
>
> Since 9.11 is supposed to be the last release (actually 9.10 was even
> supposed to be the last one according to http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/
> bin/view/Community/VersioningAndReleasePractices#
> HReleaseCyclesandReleaseStrategy we might need to change that).
>
> We still have some stuff to stabilize: notifications, shortcuts, etc.
>
> So I’m proposing that the next version be 9.11.1 and not 9.12 to keep the
> strategy of 12 main releases per year, and to start stabilizing the 9.x
> cycle.

Re: Next version for 9.x cycle

+1

On Tue, Dec 19, 2017 at 1:02 PM, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi devs,
>
> We need to decide what’s our next version for 9.x.
>
> Since 9.11 is supposed to be the last release (actually 9.10 was even
> supposed to be the last one according to http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/
> bin/view/Community/VersioningAndReleasePractices#
> HReleaseCyclesandReleaseStrategy we might need to change that).
>
> We still have some stuff to stabilize: notifications, shortcuts, etc.
>
> So I’m proposing that the next version be 9.11.1 and not 9.12 to keep the
> strategy of 12 main releases per year, and to start stabilizing the 9.x
> cycle.

Re: Next version for 9.x cycle

In term of dates, I’m proposing to have 2 weeks since that’s what we usually do for bug fix releases. Since there’s christmas and new year, I’m proposing to add one more week:

9.11.1 - 8th of Jan 2018.

> On 19 Dec 2017, at 12:02, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi devs,
>
> We need to decide what’s our next version for 9.x.
>
> Since 9.11 is supposed to be the last release (actually 9.10 was even supposed to be the last one according to http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Community/VersioningAndReleasePractices#HReleaseCyclesandReleaseStrategy we might need to change that).
>
> We still have some stuff to stabilize: notifications, shortcuts, etc.
>
> So I’m proposing that the next version be 9.11.1 and not 9.12 to keep the strategy of 12 main releases per year, and to start stabilizing the 9.x cycle.

Re: Next version for 9.x cycle

> On 19 Dec 2017, at 13:03, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> In term of dates, I’m proposing to have 2 weeks since that’s what we usually do for bug fix releases. Since there’s christmas and new year, I’m proposing to add one more week:
>
> 9.11.1 - 8th of Jan 2018.
>
> WDYT?

Note that we’ll have a 9.11.2 after we release 9.11.1 so if someone couldn’t be done in 9.11.1 it’ll be done in 9.11.1 and later.

>> On 19 Dec 2017, at 12:02, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi devs,
>>
>> We need to decide what’s our next version for 9.x.
>>
>> Since 9.11 is supposed to be the last release (actually 9.10 was even supposed to be the last one according to http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Community/VersioningAndReleasePractices#HReleaseCyclesandReleaseStrategy we might need to change that).
>>
>> We still have some stuff to stabilize: notifications, shortcuts, etc.
>>
>> So I’m proposing that the next version be 9.11.1 and not 9.12 to keep the strategy of 12 main releases per year, and to start stabilizing the 9.x cycle.
>>
>> WDYT?

Re: Next version for 9.x cycle

Alex Cotiugă
+0

Thanks,
Alex

On Tue, Dec 19, 2017 at 2:04 PM, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > On 19 Dec 2017, at 13:03, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > In term of dates, I’m proposing to have 2 weeks since that’s what we
> usually do for bug fix releases. Since there’s christmas and new year, I’m
> proposing to add one more week:
> >
> > 9.11.1 - 8th of Jan 2018.
> >
> > WDYT?
>
> Note that we’ll have a 9.11.2 after we release 9.11.1 so if someone
> couldn’t be done in 9.11.1 it’ll be done in 9.11.1 and later.

> >> On 19 Dec 2017, at 12:02, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi devs,
> >>
> >> We need to decide what’s our next version for 9.x.
> >>
> >> Since 9.11 is supposed to be the last release (actually 9.10 was even
> supposed to be the last one according to http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/
> bin/view/Community/VersioningAndReleasePractices#
> HReleaseCyclesandReleaseStrategy we might need to change that).
> >>
> >> We still have some stuff to stabilize: notifications, shortcuts, etc.
> >>
> >> So I’m proposing that the next version be 9.11.1 and not 9.12 to keep
> the strategy of 12 main releases per year, and to start stabilizing the 9.x
> cycle.
> >>
> >> WDYT?
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >> -Vincent

Re: Next version for 9.x cycle

Fine with me but that means we need to fix master branch in github
which has a wrong version right now.

On Tue, Dec 19, 2017 at 1:17 PM, Alex Cotiugă
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> +0
>
> Thanks,
> Alex
>
> On Tue, Dec 19, 2017 at 2:04 PM, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> > On 19 Dec 2017, at 13:03, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> >
>> > In term of dates, I’m proposing to have 2 weeks since that’s what we
>> usually do for bug fix releases. Since there’s christmas and new year, I’m
>> proposing to add one more week:
>> >
>> > 9.11.1 - 8th of Jan 2018.
>> >
>> > WDYT?
>>
>> Note that we’ll have a 9.11.2 after we release 9.11.1 so if someone
>> couldn’t be done in 9.11.1 it’ll be done in 9.11.1 and later.

>> > Thanks
>> > -Vincent

>> supposed to be the last one according to http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/
>> bin/view/Community/VersioningAndReleasePractices#
>> HReleaseCyclesandReleaseStrategy we might need to change that).

>> the strategy of 12 main releases per year, and to start stabilizing the 9.x
>> cycle.

Re: Next version for 9.x cycle

> On 19 Dec 2017, at 14:50, Thomas Mortagne <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Fine with me but that means we need to fix master branch in github
> which has a wrong version right now.

Indeed! Let’s do this (unless someone disagrees?).