Nice display title

Gerritjan Koekkoek-2
It has always been normal that if a page did not have the attribute 'title' (it was left empty)

it would use a smart way to see if in the text there was a header of level 1,2 or 3 at the top. And then display that as the title...

Now I've migrated pages to a XWiki 8.4.4 and this does not work any more?

What can cause this change in behavior ? Is it a known issue when migrating pages from 6.4 to ???

Is the nested pages a possible cause?

I tried to put the h2 title in the title attribute as well, but still the pagename is shown as title?

Gerritjan Koekkoek
Vader van Rai Koekkoek (cdls) en voorzitter vereniging CdLS
Visit our website<http://www.cdlsworld.org>
Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/gerritjan.koekkoek>
email<[hidden email]>

Re: Nice display title

See xwiki.title.compatibility property in xwiki.cfg.

Extracting the title from the content was disabled by default in 7.0.

On Tue, Feb 28, 2017 at 10:50 AM, Gerritjan Koekkoek
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> It has always been normal that if a page did not have the attribute 'title' (it was left empty)
>
> it would use a smart way to see if in the text there was a header of level 1,2 or 3 at the top. And then display that as the title...
>

> Now I've migrated pages to a XWiki 8.4.4 and this does not work any more?
>

> What can cause this change in behavior ? Is it a known issue when migrating pages from 6.4 to ???
>
> Is the nested pages a possible cause?
>

> I tried to put the h2 title in the title attribute as well, but still the pagename is shown as title?
>

> Gerritjan Koekkoek
> Vader van Rai Koekkoek (cdls) en voorzitter vereniging CdLS
> Visit our website<http://www.cdlsworld.org>
> Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/gerritjan.koekkoek>
> email<[hidden email]>

Re: Nice display title

Hi Gerritjan,

> On 2 Mar 2017, at 09:35, Thomas Mortagne <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> See xwiki.title.compatibility property in xwiki.cfg.
>
> Extracting the title from the content was disabled by default in 7.0.

Note that you need to read the release notes before upgrading (all the release notes from the version you have till the version you’re upgrading to. Yes that could be a lot! :)) since they contain useful information such as this one.

For example for 7.0, we had:
http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/ReleaseNotes/ReleaseNotesXWiki70#HBackwardCompatibilityandMigrationNotes