No idea what is wrong.

Volodya Mozhenkov
After finally figuring out how to deploy XWiki on the remote server, i'm
only getting access to the index and installation instruction pages.
Anything else generates 404 error.
http://www.thirddirectionrecords.com/xwiki/

I did go through the installation instructions as close as possible,
with some exceptions which obviously arose with me having to use the
tools made available by the cPanel/phpSQLAdmin, but i don't think that
this is the reason for the error.

Thank you for your time.
             - Volodya

--

===
Contact details:

Please visit http://www.whengendarmesleeps.org/
    When Gendarme Sleeps - Anarchy's Zine of Poetry

Re: No idea what is wrong.

Volodya Mozhenkov
Volodya Mozhenkov wrote:

> After finally figuring out how to deploy XWiki on the remote server,
> i'm only getting access to the index and installation instruction
> pages. Anything else generates 404 error.
> http://www.thirddirectionrecords.com/xwiki/
>
> I did go through the installation instructions as close as possible,
>  with some exceptions which obviously arose with me having to use the
>  tools made available by the cPanel/phpSQLAdmin, but i don't think
> that this is the reason for the error.
>
> Thank you for your time. - Volodya
Ok, i've figured out what that problem was (cPanel adds the extra bit in
front of the database names and user names). So now i am getting a
different error, and the problem is that i don't see anything that has
to do with databases or such.

14:30:51,801  WARN TP-Processor5  RequestUtils:createActionForm:177 - No
FormBeanConfig found under 'view'
14:30:52,369  WARN TP-Processor5
http://www.thirddirectionrecords.com/xwiki/bin/view/Main/WebHome
Environment:<clinit>:501 - could not copy system properties, system
properties will be ignored
14:30:54,499 ERROR TP-Processor5  [action]:invoke:253 -
Servlet.service() for servlet action threw exception
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
        at
net.sf.cglib.core.KeyFactory$Generator.generateClass(KeyFactory.java:167)
        at
net.sf.cglib.core.DefaultGeneratorStrategy.generate(DefaultGeneratorStrategy.java:25)
        at
net.sf.cglib.core.AbstractClassGenerator.create(AbstractClassGenerator.java:215)
        at net.sf.cglib.core.KeyFactory$Generator.create(KeyFactory.java:145)
        at net.sf.cglib.core.KeyFactory.create(KeyFactory.java:117)
        at net.sf.cglib.core.KeyFactory.create(KeyFactory.java:108)
        at net.sf.cglib.core.KeyFactory.create(KeyFactory.java:104)
        at
org.hibernate.impl.SessionFactoryImpl.<clinit>(SessionFactoryImpl.java:319)
        at
org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.buildSessionFactory(Configuration.java:1055)
        at
com.xpn.xwiki.store.XWikiHibernateStore.initHibernate(XWikiHibernateStore.java:124)
        at
com.xpn.xwiki.store.XWikiHibernateStore.checkHibernate(XWikiHibernateStore.java:258)
        at
com.xpn.xwiki.store.XWikiHibernateStore.loadXWikiDoc(XWikiHibernateStore.java:570)
        at
com.xpn.xwiki.store.XWikiCacheStore.loadXWikiDoc(XWikiCacheStore.java:123)
        at com.xpn.xwiki.XWiki.getDocument(XWiki.java:565)
        at com.xpn.xwiki.XWiki.getDocument(XWiki.java:599)
        at com.xpn.xwiki.XWiki.getXWikiPreference(XWiki.java:1019)
        at com.xpn.xwiki.XWiki.getXWikiPreference(XWiki.java:1014)
        at com.xpn.xwiki.XWiki.preparePlugins(XWiki.java:422)
        at com.xpn.xwiki.XWiki.initXWiki(XWiki.java:397)
        at com.xpn.xwiki.XWiki.<init>(XWiki.java:343)
        at com.xpn.xwiki.XWiki.getMainXWiki(XWiki.java:134)
        at com.xpn.xwiki.XWiki.getXWiki(XWiki.java:202)
        at com.xpn.xwiki.web.ViewEditAction.execute(ViewEditAction.java:117)
        at
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestProcessor.java:421)
        at
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:226)
        at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1164)
        at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doGet(ActionServlet.java:397)
        at
        at
        at org.apache.catalina.security.SecurityUtil$1.run(SecurityUtil.java:243)
        at javax.security.auth.Subject.doAsPrivileged(Subject.java:517)
        at org.apache.catalina.security.SecurityUtil.execute(SecurityUtil.java:275)
        at
org.apache.catalina.security.SecurityUtil.doAsPrivilege(SecurityUtil.java:161)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:245)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.access$000(ApplicationFilterChain.java:50)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain$1.run(ApplicationFilterChain.java:156)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:152)
        at
com.xpn.xwiki.web.SetCharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(SetCharacterEncodingFilter.java:127)
        at
        at
        at org.apache.catalina.security.SecurityUtil$1.run(SecurityUtil.java:243)
        at javax.security.auth.Subject.doAsPrivileged(Subject.java:517)
        at org.apache.catalina.security.SecurityUtil.execute(SecurityUtil.java:275)
        at
org.apache.catalina.security.SecurityUtil.doAsPrivilege(SecurityUtil.java:217)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:197)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.access$000(ApplicationFilterChain.java:50)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain$1.run(ApplicationFilterChain.java:156)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:152)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:178)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126)
        at
        at
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:107)
        at
        at org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler.invoke(JkCoyoteHandler.java:307)
        at org.apache.jk.common.HandlerRequest.invoke(HandlerRequest.java:385)
        at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.invoke(ChannelSocket.java:748)
        at
org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.processConnection(ChannelSocket.java:678)
        at org.apache.jk.common.SocketConnection.runIt(ChannelSocket.java:871)
        at
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

--

===
Contact details:
Alt e-mail: [hidden email]
ICQ: 253627744
Frost: VolodyA! V A@r0pa7z7JA1hAf2xtTt7AKLRe+yw
pm4pigs: VolodyA! V A@cbp7LznKx9JltftFQSSc2QVKhzc,5T0rxHZ7rar4uOtnHlSY5A
Forum: ethical_anarhist on www.kingstonuniversity.org

Please visit http://www.whengendarmesleeps.org/
    When Gendarme Sleeps - Anarchy's Zine of Poetry

Re: No idea what is wrong.

Ludovic Dubost

It can't find a class.. but which one ?
This could happen if there are some lib conflicts with your servlet engine..

Ludovic

Volodya Mozhenkov wrote:

> [...]
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:107)
>
>     at
> org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:148)
>
>     at
> org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler.invoke(JkCoyoteHandler.java:307)
>     at
> org.apache.jk.common.HandlerRequest.invoke(HandlerRequest.java:385)
>     at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.invoke(ChannelSocket.java:748)
>     at
> org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.processConnection(ChannelSocket.java:678)
>
>     at
> org.apache.jk.common.SocketConnection.runIt(ChannelSocket.java:871)
>     at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:684)
>
>     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

Could somebody at least give me a hint, i'm getting really lost. Is this an error with
Hybernate setup or the way i have something else done (i.e. database) or is it XWiki
related problem?

> [...]
>     at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.invoke(ChannelSocket.java:748)
>     at
> org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.processConnection(ChannelSocket.java:678)
>
>     at org.apache.jk.common.SocketConnection.runIt(ChannelSocket.java:871)
>     at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:684)
>
>     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

--

===
Contact details:
Alt e-mail: [hidden email]
ICQ: 253627744
Frost: VolodyA! V A@r0pa7z7JA1hAf2xtTt7AKLRe+yw
pm4pigs: VolodyA! V A@cbp7LznKx9JltftFQSSc2QVKhzc,5T0rxHZ7rar4uOtnHlSY5A
Forum: ethical_anarhist on www.kingstonuniversity.org

Please visit http://www.whengendarmesleeps.org/
    When Gendarme Sleeps - Anarchy's Zine of Poetry

You need to gather more debug information from the log file generated by
the tomcat execution..
It is very possible that you can't make it work because if you don't
have control over the tomcat engine you might not be able to make it work.

Ludovic

Ludovic Dubost wrote:

> You need to gather more debug information from the log file generated by
> the tomcat execution..
> It is very possible that you can't make it work because if you don't
> have control over the tomcat engine you might not be able to make it work.
>
> Ludovic

The problem is of course that the whole log is exactly what i've posted, it kicks off at
the point of Hibernate calling KeyFactory. And of course what gets me is that the
exception is java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError, which is really odd, i'd much rather debug
some security error or such.

P.S. Thanks for the reply by the way, i was begining to think that i hit some spam filter
somewhere and not going through at all.

--

===
Contact details:
Alt e-mail: [hidden email]
ICQ: 253627744
Frost: VolodyA! V A@r0pa7z7JA1hAf2xtTt7AKLRe+yw
pm4pigs: VolodyA! V A@cbp7LznKx9JltftFQSSc2QVKhzc,5T0rxHZ7rar4uOtnHlSY5A
Forum: ethical_anarhist on www.kingstonuniversity.org

Please visit http://www.whengendarmesleeps.org/
    When Gendarme Sleeps - Anarchy's Zine of Poetry

Re: No idea what is wrong.

Ludovic Dubost

I'm wondering why you try to run XWiki on a hosted environment where you
don't control the tomcat engine..
Why don't you create your wiki on xwiki.com ?

Ludovic

Ludovic Dubost wrote:

> I'm wondering why you try to run XWiki on a hosted environment where you
> don't control the tomcat engine..
> Why don't you create your wiki on xwiki.com ?
>
> Ludovic

Beginning to wonder the same thing myself... q;-) I think that if i won't figure it out
relatively soon how to get it started i'll have to use xwiki.com. The main reason was that
i wanted to slowly digging through the code and making changes, such as integrating xwiki
with other parts of the site.

              Volodya

--

===
Contact details:
Alt e-mail: [hidden email]
ICQ: 253627744
Frost: VolodyA! V A@r0pa7z7JA1hAf2xtTt7AKLRe+yw
pm4pigs: VolodyA! V A@cbp7LznKx9JltftFQSSc2QVKhzc,5T0rxHZ7rar4uOtnHlSY5A
Forum: ethical_anarhist on www.kingstonuniversity.org

Please visit http://www.whengendarmesleeps.org/
    When Gendarme Sleeps - Anarchy's Zine of Poetry

Re: No idea what is wrong.

Ludovic Dubost

Yes but in this case you should consider dedicated hosting.. There are
always risks to hit some snaggs with the tomcat configuration if you
can't control it

Ludovic