No users and groups

hel-o
Hi,

just found that since my update (1.8.3) no users and groups are displayed in the Admin-Application in my virtual wiki in the main wiki they are still available.

I imported the default xar.

Thanks
hel.
semantic-web.hel.at
hel@hel.at

Re: No users and groups

Sergiu Dumitriu-2
hel-o wrote:
> Hi,
>
> just found that since my update (1.8.3) no users and groups are displayed in
> the Admin-Application in my virtual wiki in the main wiki they are still
> available.
>
> I imported the default xar.

Please clean the cache, since some javascripts have changed.

http://purl.org/net/sergiu/

Re: No users and groups

hel-o
How

Sergiu Dumitriu-2 wrote
Please clean the cache, since some javascripts have changed.

http://purl.org/net/sergiu/
hel.
semantic-web.hel.at
hel@hel.at

Re: No users and groups

hel-o
Ok,

tried to find an answer and found

http://n2.nabble.com/Object-caching--tt502637.html#a502638

created a page (syntax 2.0) with a velocity macro including the following code

$xwiki.flushCache()

Still no users and no groups.

hel.

Sergiu Dumitriu-2 wrote
hel-o wrote:
> Hi,
>
> just found that since my update (1.8.3) no users and groups are displayed in
> the Admin-Application in my virtual wiki in the main wiki they are still
> available.
>
> I imported the default xar.

Please clean the cache, since some javascripts have changed.

http://purl.org/net/sergiu/
semantic-web.hel.at
hel@hel.at

Re: No users and groups

PERINAUD Christophe
Hi

Stupid question but did you try to clear the cache of the browser ?

Sergiu Dumitriu-2 wrote:

> hel-o wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> just found that since my update (1.8.3) no users and groups are displayed
>> in
>> the Admin-Application in my virtual wiki in the main wiki they are still
>> available.
>>
>> I imported the default xar.
>
> Please clean the cache, since some javascripts have changed.
>
> --
> Sergiu Dumitriu
> http://purl.org/net/sergiu/

-----

This e-mail is intended only for the addressee named above. It does not bind the sender, except in the case of an existing written convention with the addressee. This e-mail may contain material that is confidential and privileged for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, reliance or distribution by others or forwarding without express permission is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete all copies.

While reasonable precautions have been taken to ensure that this e-mail and any attachments are free from any computer virus or similar defect, no liability will be accepted in that respect. Anyone accessing this e-mail must take their own precautions as to security and virus protection.

KBL European Private Bankers S.A., 43 boulevard Royal L-2955 Luxembourg, R.C.S. Luxembourg B 6395, T (352) 47 97 1

Re: No users and groups

hel-o
Yes, i did.

PERINAUD Christophe wrote

-----
hel@hel.at

[...]

semantic-web.hel.at
hel@hel.at

Re: No users and groups

hel-o
I get two errors in the firebug konsole when i call the admin users page:

missing ; before statement
[Break on this error] var denymessage = "Sie sind ge...zen?".replace('__right__', self.right);\n
usersandgroups.js (Linie 91)
displayUsers is not defined
[Break on this error] var ta = new ASSTable("?xpage=get...r1", "userstable", displayUsers, true);
XWikiPre...ion=Users (Linie 313)

and also two errors when i call the admin groups page:

Firebug's Protokollierungslimit wurde erreicht. %S Einträge werden nicht angezeigt. Voreinstellungen
missing ; before statement
[Break on this error] var denymessage = "Sie sind ge...zen?".replace('__right__', self.right);\n
Javascript.jtp (Linie 12)
displayGroups is not defined
[Break on this error] var ta = new ASSTable("?xpage=...", "groupstable", displayGroups, true);
XWikiPre...on=Groups (Linie 313)

hel.
semantic-web.hel.at
hel@hel.at

Re: No users and groups

hel-o

still no users and no groups. Any suggestions.

Thanks
hel.
semantic-web.hel.at
hel@hel.at

Re: No users and groups

Michael Beetz
Hi Hel.

I was facing that problem too.  I solved it by (restarting all ...) and cleaning the (firefox) browser cache!

Regards
mb

Re: No users and groups

hel-o
Hi,

updated now to 1.8.4 > restarted all, imported the 1.8.4 default.xar and cleand the browser cache.

Still no users and no groups.

Also tried another browser -> no users no groups

hel.

Michael Beetz wrote
Hi Hel.

I was facing that problem too.  I solved it by (restarting all ...) and cleaning the (firefox) browser cache!

Regards
mb

semantic-web.hel.at
hel@hel.at

Re: No users and groups

Sergiu Dumitriu-2
hel-o wrote:
> Hi,
>
> updated now to 1.8.4 > restarted all, imported the 1.8.4 default.xar and
> cleand the browser cache.
>
> Still no users and no groups.
>
> Also tried another browser -> no users no groups

I noticed that you're using German, so I just tried that. It seems that
there's an error in the translation, which breaks the javascript.

Please put the attached file in resources/js/xwiki/usersandgroups/ and
refresh the browser cache.

http://purl.org/net/sergiu/

Re: No users and groups

hel-o

and sorry to bother you, but i really would need help on this. I cannot manage rights without groups and users and i cannot figure out why i cannot see them.

upgraded to 1.8.4 imported the default xar, cleaned the browser cache ->

users and groups in the main wiki are ok
no users and groups are displayed in the virtual wiki

firebug shows 2 errors (e.g. calling rights management):

missing ; before statement
[Break on this error] var denymessage = "Sie sind ge...zen?".replace('__right__', self.right);\n
Javascript.jtp (Linie 12)

displayUsersAndGroups is not defined
[Break on this error] var ta = new ASSTable("?xpage=ge...upstable", displayUsersAndGroups, true);

It would be great if somebody could give me a hint.

Thanks
hel.

semantic-web.hel.at
hel@hel.at

Re: No users and groups

PERINAUD Christophe

The displayUsersAndGroups is a function defined in webapps\xwiki\resources\js\xwiki\usersandgroups\usersandgroups.js

Does your file exists ?

Also in the source of the users management page, do you have this somewhere :
<script type='text/javascript' src='/xwiki/bin/skin/resources/js/xwiki/usersandgroups/usersandgroups.js'>

The first error can't be a translation error with the content of your string where you have to replace part of text ?
Do you have the same error in english ?

Re: No users and groups

Guillaume Lerouge
Hi Sergiu,

On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 7:50 AM, Sergiu Dumitriu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> hel-o wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> updated now to 1.8.4 > restarted all, imported the 1.8.4 default.xar and
>> cleand the browser cache.
>>
>> Still no users and no groups.
>>
>> Also tried another browser -> no users no groups
>>

> I noticed that you're using German, so I just tried that. It seems that
> there's an error in the translation, which breaks the javascript.
>
> Please put the attached file in resources/js/xwiki/usersandgroups/ and
> refresh the browser cache.

Attached files are stripped off XWiki mailing-list emails. Maybe you should
send the file directly to [hidden email] .

Guillaume

> --
> Sergiu Dumitriu
> http://purl.org/net/sergiu/

Guillaume Lerouge
Product Manager - XWiki
Skype ID : wikibc
http://guillaumelerouge.com/

Re: No users and groups

Sergiu Dumitriu-2
Guillaume Lerouge wrote:

> Hi Sergiu,
>
> On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 7:50 AM, Sergiu Dumitriu <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> hel-o wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> updated now to 1.8.4 > restarted all, imported the 1.8.4 default.xar and
>>> cleand the browser cache.
>>>
>>> Still no users and no groups.
>>>
>>> Also tried another browser -> no users no groups
>>>

>> I noticed that you're using German, so I just tried that. It seems that
>> there's an error in the translation, which breaks the javascript.
>>
>> Please put the attached file in resources/js/xwiki/usersandgroups/ and
>> refresh the browser cache.
>

> Attached files are stripped off XWiki mailing-list emails. Maybe you should
> send the file directly to [hidden email] .

Hm, I thought that only large files are stripped. Anyway, in the
meantime I committed it on trunk, so please download it from
http://svn.xwiki.org/svnroot/xwiki/platform/web/trunk/standard/src/main/webapp/resources/js/xwiki/usersandgroups/usersandgroups.js

http://purl.org/net/sergiu/

Re: No users and groups

hel-o