Object caching?

jjanssen
Hello,

I found a strange behaviour. The following scenario: our production xwiki environment runs on jboss 4.0.2/MySQL 4.1. The development environment runs on my PC using jboss 4.0.3SP1/MySQL 5.0. When I create a dump from the database on my PC and restore this dump on the production database, I still don't see the new objects. This only happens when we do a full shutdown/restart of jboss.

We also saw that the memory utilisation of XWiki went up the more pages are viewed. This makes me think there is a caching mechanism in place. That's fine, but can this be overruled? The Jboss production machine runs other applications as well, and I don't want to fully restart the server.

Thanks,

Joep Janssen

Re: Object caching?

Ludovic Dubost

Yes there is a cache.. The cache is configurable in xwiki.cfg

xwiki.store.cache=1
xwiki.store.cache.capacity=100
xwiki.store.cache.pageexistscapacity=100

To clean up the cache you need to call com.xpn.xwiki.XWiki.flushCache()
from inside the JBOss server.
A wiki page with the following code works

$xwiki.flushCache()

Ludovic