Officially changing licence to LGPL

Ludovic Dubost

Hi All,

Following a discussion a while ago about licences, I have thought it
more and believe the right thing to do is to move to the LGPL licence.
It will have several advantages including allowing embedding XWiki in
any other tools, including proprietary tools, thus widen potentially the
reach of XWiki.

For this to happen, we will prepare a contributor's licence aggreement
for the developers who have and/or will contribute to XWiki to make sure
they accept to contribute their changes under the LGPL licence. Also it
would be great that developers who have already contributed code, send
back an email stating that they are ok that we change the licence of the
files where they have commited code from GPL to LGPL.

We will change all the headers to LGPL and new files should be commited
with a LGPL header.

Re: Officially changing licence to LGPL

Kevin Chiu
On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 00:08:17 -0700, Ludovic Dubost <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Following a discussion a while ago about licences, I have thought it
> more and believe the right thing to do is to move to the LGPL licence.
> It will have several advantages including allowing embedding XWiki in
> any other tools, including proprietary tools, thus widen potentially the
> reach of XWiki.
>
> For this to happen, we will prepare a contributor's licence aggreement
> for the developers who have and/or will contribute to XWiki to make sure
> they accept to contribute their changes under the LGPL licence. Also it
> would be great that developers who have already contributed code, send
> back an email stating that they are ok that we change the licence of the
> files where they have commited code from GPL to LGPL.
>
> We will change all the headers to LGPL and new files should be commited
> with a LGPL header.
>
> Ludovic

Hi,

LGPL sounds good.