Oracle support

Guillaume Laforge-2
Hello,

I've found a few references on xwiki.org mentionning that Oracle was
not perfectly supported, and that some actions had to be taken to make
XWiki work well on Oracle.

Could it be possible to know more about Oracle support? What's really
required to make XWiki work on Oracle? Are the instructions found on
xwiki.org still relevant with the latest version of XWiki? Has someone
been running the latest version of XWiki on Oracle 9i or 10g?

Thanks in advance for your answers,

Guillaume

RE: Oracle support

Turner, John
I am running XWiki version 0.9.840 against an Oracle 9iR2 database.  I
had to create a Hibernate custom type to change null string values to
empty string values.  I have some issues with attachments - updates or
deletes have issues with the archive, and users have reported other, as
yet unreproducable, attachment problems.  Everything else seems to work
well.

John

Re: Oracle support

Apparently you should run the latest Oracle JDBC driver (10g). In
certain version (I'm not sure about which) you need an Hibernate custom
type.
You also need to use the backup import/export script to import an XWiki
database in Oracle

A few users seem to be running XWiki on Oracle

Ludovic

Guillaume Laforge a écrit :

> Hello,
>
> I've found a few references on xwiki.org mentionning that Oracle was
> not perfectly supported, and that some actions had to be taken to make
> XWiki work well on Oracle.
>
> Could it be possible to know more about Oracle support? What's really
> required to make XWiki work on Oracle? Are the instructions found on
> xwiki.org still relevant with the latest version of XWiki? Has someone
> been running the latest version of XWiki on Oracle 9i or 10g?
>
> Thanks in advance for your answers,
>
> Guillaume

Re: Oracle support

Guillaume Laforge-2
Okey dokey, thank you all for your answers.

It's a bit sad that it's not easier to use XWiki on Oracle :-(

Oracle is a mainstream database that big companies like to use a lot,
and it may be a bit damaging to XWiki and XpertNet's business if XWiki
is put aside just because it doesn't support that database :-(

Couldn't we make sure XWiki is fully supported out-of-the-box on all
major databases?

Guillaume

--
Guillaume Laforge