Orphaned Pages

laurin1
I have 2 pages that are new created (one is nested in the other) that are showing up in the Orphaned Pages panel, but they are not orphaned AFAIK. I have a link to the first one, Windows 10, on the Home page. What is the criteria for being  "orphaned"?

Keith Davis - MCSA, ZCE
P.R.I.D.E. - I.T. Director / Senior Developer
www.pridedallas.com<http://www.pridedallas.com/>
Mobile (214) 906-5183

Re: Orphaned Pages

Hi Keith,

> On 15 Mar 2016, at 13:34, Keith Davis <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I have 2 pages that are new created (one is nested in the other) that are showing up in the Orphaned Pages panel, but they are not orphaned AFAIK. I have a link to the first one, Windows 10, on the Home page. What is the criteria for being  "orphaned”?

I assume you’re on XWiki 7.2+.

Indeed we’ve removed the concept of parent in wiki pages when we introduced Nested Pages. It’s only kept as a backward-compatibility option ATM (see http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Features/ContentOrganization#HHistory).

I agree that the orphan concept doesn’t make sense anymore with Nested Pages.

I think we’ve just forgotten to hide the Orphaned tab in AllDocs when core.hierarchyMode == reference… And also the Orphaned Panel.

I’m waiting for confirmation from others and we’ll create a jira issue about it and fix it (and provide a workaround in the meantime).

> Keith Davis - MCSA, ZCE
> P.R.I.D.E. - I.T. Director / Senior Developer

Re: Orphaned Pages

laurin1
Yes, 7.4.2.

Ok, thanks.

Keith Davis (214) 906-5183

On Tue, Mar 15, 2016 at 2:44 PM, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Keith,
>
> > On 15 Mar 2016, at 13:34, Keith Davis <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > I have 2 pages that are new created (one is nested in the other) that
> are showing up in the Orphaned Pages panel, but they are not orphaned
> AFAIK. I have a link to the first one, Windows 10, on the Home page. What
> is the criteria for being  "orphaned”?
>
> I assume you’re on XWiki 7.2+.
>
> Indeed we’ve removed the concept of parent in wiki pages when we
> introduced Nested Pages. It’s only kept as a backward-compatibility option
> ATM (see
> http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Features/ContentOrganization#HHistory
> ).
>
> I agree that the orphan concept doesn’t make sense anymore with Nested
> Pages.
>

> I think we’ve just forgotten to hide the Orphaned tab in AllDocs when
> core.hierarchyMode == reference… And also the Orphaned Panel.

We did, http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-12520 . Keith is using the
panel. He could simply remove it. On our side we could display a warning
message that the panel is deprecated if hierarchyMode=reference.

Thanks, I had missed this issue. I have now created http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-13210 to finish the work.