Overwrite values from xwiki.cfg ?

Stefan Woehrer
Hi,

is there a way to change some values from the xwiki.cfg per POST/GET parameter or per script?

The idea is to adopt the login form and add a drop down box where the users can select their current subdomain. This value should afterwards be used as value for the base_DN property.

I'm refereing to the multiple ldap server problem: http://jira.xwiki.org/jira/browse/XWIKI-2577

Thanks,
Steve

Re: Overwrite values from xwiki.cfg ?

On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 5:32 PM, Stefan Woehrer <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> is there a way to change some values from the xwiki.cfg per POST/GET
> parameter or per script?
>
> The idea is to adopt the login form and add a drop down box where the users
> can select their current subdomain. This value should afterwards be used as
> value for the base_DN property.

Yes all ldap parameters can be modified also in XWiki.XWikiPreferences
(even enable/disable ldap). Edit XWiki.XWikiPreference in object edit
mode and you will see them. To find the programmatic name of theses
parameters you just have to change "xwiki.authentication.ldap." by
"ldap_". For example xwiki.authentication.ldap.base_DN become
ldap_base_DN.

> I'm refereing to the multiple ldap server problem:
> http://jira.xwiki.org/jira/browse/XWIKI-2577
>
> Thanks,
> Steve

Re: Overwrite values from xwiki.cfg ?

Stefan Woehrer

Thanks, great hint. So I can get those Values from the XWiki Object using something like: XWiki.getXWikiPreference("ldap_base_DN")

The question is: How can I set them? In the API doc there isn't a description of a public setter. Also, this only works for the current session, right? (That would be exactly what we need.....)

Steve

Thomas Mortagne wrote
Hi,

On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 5:32 PM, Stefan Woehrer <stefan_woehrer@yahoo.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> is there a way to change some values from the xwiki.cfg per POST/GET
> parameter or per script?
>
> The idea is to adopt the login form and add a drop down box where the users
> can select their current subdomain. This value should afterwards be used as
> value for the base_DN property.

Yes all ldap parameters can be modified also in XWiki.XWikiPreferences
(even enable/disable ldap). Edit XWiki.XWikiPreference in object edit
mode and you will see them. To find the programmatic name of theses
parameters you just have to change "xwiki.authentication.ldap." by
"ldap_". For example xwiki.authentication.ldap.base_DN become
ldap_base_DN.

> I'm refereing to the multiple ldap server problem:
> http://jira.xwiki.org/jira/browse/XWIKI-2577
>
> Thanks,
> Steve

Re: Overwrite values from xwiki.cfg ?

On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 11:38 AM, Stefan Woehrer
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks, great hint. So I can get those Values from the XWiki Object using
> something like: XWiki.getXWikiPreference("ldap_base_DN")
>
> The question is: How can I set them? In the API doc there isn't a

To change it you have to modify the object of class
"XWiki.XWikiPreferences" in the document "XWiki.XWikiPreferences" like
any other object. getXWikiPreference is just an helper that get the
value from the object.

> description of a public setter. Also, this only works for the current
> session, right? (That would be exactly what we need.....)

No it saved in XWiki.XWikiPreference in the database document so if
you change it stay changed.