Parameters for children macro

Mario
With xwiki 8.3 the new children marcro is available, something we were waiting for. Unfortunately the macro does not have any configuration parameters at the moment.
Currently we use the following snippet in a huge number of ours pages to display child-documents:
{{velocity}}
{{documentTree root="document:$doc.fullName" showAttachments="false" showTranslations="false"/}}
{{/velocity}}

because translations and attachments are unnecessary for our navigation. But inserting this code requires switching to sourcecode in ckeditor, which does not work correctly in Internet Explorer.

Are there plans to extend the children macro to enable hiding translations and attachments? This would make it possible for our users to use this macro instead via macro GUI of ckeditor.
Otherwise maybe we need to start looking into extension development and do it ourselves.

Thank you
Mario

Re: Parameters for children macro

Hi Mario,

> On 12 Oct 2016, at 12:25, Mario <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> With xwiki 8.3 the new children marcro is available, something we were
> waiting for. Unfortunately the macro does not have any configuration
> parameters at the moment.
> Currently we use the following snippet in a huge number of ours pages to
> display child-documents:

it’s missing some text here :)

> because translations and attachments are unnecessary for our navigation.

ok so I get it, you’re turning off translation and attachments.

See my comment at http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/TEMPLATES-7?focusedCommentId=92829&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-92829

> But
> inserting this code requires switching to sourcecode in ckeditor, which does
> not work correctly in Internet Explorer.
>
> Are there plans to extend the children macro to enable hiding translations
> and attachments? This would make it possible for our users to use this macro
> instead via macro GUI of ckeditor.

Yes it’s a good idea to add parameters to the children macro. Could you create a jira for it?