Plugin development tutorial

Julien Bourdon
Hi all!

I just wrote the hello world plugin tutorail that I wish I had when I
began to develop applications with XWiki. Check it there:
http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/DevGuide/HowToDevelopAPlugin

There are two or three things that I couldn't explain. If you can do
this, it would be really great. By the way, if you don't like the
presentation (the page contains a lot of verbatim code), please feel
free to change it (that's a wiki, right?).

--
    _   _               Julien Bourdon
   (o)(o)--.          http://purl.org/net/JulienBourdon

Re: Plugin development tutorial

Julien Bourdon
I mean the one in the java source code :

"package com.mydomain.myWonderfulPackage;" which is a compilation directive, isn't it? Perhaps that "create the classes tree, compliant to the package structure" would be better...

On 23/03/06, thomas doucedame <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Woah ... great :-p
>
> by "create the classes tree, compliant to the "package" directive that you
> set in the plugin source files", did you mean "directory"? (I'm not able of
> writing such a doc neither a plugin, but I nerdly focused on typing
> mistakes, something I can't explain... :-$ )
>
> Bravo,
> Thomas
>

> 2006/3/24, Julien Bourdon <[hidden email]>:
> >
> > Hi all!
> >
> > I just wrote the hello world plugin tutorail that I wish I had when I
> > began to develop applications with XWiki. Check it there:
> >
> http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/DevGuide/HowToDevelopAPlugin
> >
> > There are two or three things that I couldn't explain. If you can do
> > this, it would be really great. By the way, if you don't like the
> > presentation (the page contains a lot of verbatim code), please feel
> > free to change it (that's a wiki, right?).
> >
> > --
> >     _   _               Julien Bourdon
> >    (o)(o)--.          http://purl.org/net/JulienBourdon
> >      \../   (  )         self isAddictedTo:(#Squeak&#linux)
> >    m\/m--m'`--.   ^true
> >

> > --
> > You receive this message as a subscriber of the [hidden email]

    _   _               Julien Bourdon
   (o)(o)--.          http://purl.org/net/JulienBourdon
     \../   (  )         self isAddictedTo:(#Squeak&#linux)
   m\/m--m'`--.   ^true

Re: Plugin development tutorial

jeremi joslin
Hi,
thanks a lot. I like this kind of howto with a lot of demonstration.

I just change your package name to com.xpn.xwiki.plugin.helloworld,
because on some place, you use com.xpn.xwiki.plugin.helloworld and on
some others com.mydomain.myWonderfulPackage.

Jérémi

On 3/24/06, Julien Bourdon <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I mean the one in the java source code :
>
> "package com.mydomain.myWonderfulPackage;" which is a compilation directive,
> isn't it? Perhaps that "create the classes tree, compliant to the package
> structure" would be better...
>
> On 23/03/06, thomas doucedame <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Woah ... great :-p
> >
> > by "create the classes tree, compliant to the "package" directive that you
> > set in the plugin source files", did you mean "directory"? (I'm not able
> of
> > writing such a doc neither a plugin, but I nerdly focused on typing
> > mistakes, something I can't explain... :-$ )
> >
> > Bravo,
> > Thomas
> >

> > 2006/3/24, Julien Bourdon <[hidden email]>:
>

> > > Hi all!
> > >
> > > I just wrote the hello world plugin tutorail that I wish I had when I
> > > began to develop applications with XWiki. Check it there:
> > >

> http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/DevGuide/HowToDevelopAPlugin
> > >
> > > There are two or three things that I couldn't explain. If you can do
> > > this, it would be really great. By the way, if you don't like the
> > > presentation (the page contains a lot of verbatim code), please feel
> > > free to change it (that's a wiki, right?).
> > >
> > > --
> > >     _   _               Julien Bourdon
> > >    (o)(o)--.          http://purl.org/net/JulienBourdon
> > >      \../   (  )         self isAddictedTo:(#Squeak&#linux)
> > >    m\/m--m'`--.   ^true
> > >

> > > --
> > > You receive this message as a subscriber of the [hidden email]

>     _   _               Julien Bourdon
>
>    (o)(o)--.          http://purl.org/net/JulienBourdon
>      \../   (  )         self isAddictedTo:(#Squeak&#linux)
>    m\/m--m'`--.   ^true
>

> --
> You receive this message as a subscriber of the [hidden email]

Blog: http://www.jeremi.info
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/profile?viewProfile=&key=1437724
Project Manager XWiki: http://www.xwiki.org
skype: jeremi23 -- msn et gtalk : [hidden email]