Possible upgrade 3.5.1 to 4.0 issue

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Possible upgrade 3.5.1 to 4.0 issue

Roman Muntyanu
Hello,

  I have tried to upgrade to 4.0 and receive following error in the logs

2012-05-05 01:36:59,911 [http://localhost/xwiki/bin/view/XWiki/WatchListRss?xpage=plain&outputSyntax=plain] ERROR c.x.x.s.m.liquibase         - Change Set liquibase.xml::R40000-000::sdumitriu failed.  Error: Error executing SQL ALTER TABLE `xwikifloats` DROP FOREIGN KEY `FKFB291FBF1DFF14A1`: Error on rename of './xwiki_utf8_innodb/xwikifloats' to './xwiki_utf8_innodb/#sql2-dfb-6f91' (errno: 152)
liquibase.exception.DatabaseException: Error executing SQL ALTER TABLE `xwikifloats` DROP FOREIGN KEY `FKFB291FBF1DFF14A1`: Error on rename of './xwiki_utf8_innodb/xwikifloats' to './xwiki_utf8_innodb/#sql2-dfb-6f91' (errno: 152)

  Any ideas why this may happen?
  Database is mysql 5.0.71.

  PS: Interesting why Sergiu got mentioned in the logs :)
  Regards,
Roman
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Possible upgrade 3.5.1 to 4.0 issue

vmassol
Administrator

On May 5, 2012, at 1:04 AM, coldserenity wrote:

> Hello,
>
>  I have tried to upgrade to 4.0 and receive following error in the logs
>
> 2012-05-05 01:36:59,911
> [http://localhost/xwiki/bin/view/XWiki/WatchListRss?xpage=plain&outputSyntax=plain]
> ERROR c.x.x.s.m.liquibase         - Change Set
> liquibase.xml::R40000-000::sdumitriu failed.  Error: Error executing SQL
> ALTER TABLE `xwikifloats` DROP FOREIGN KEY `FKFB291FBF1DFF14A1`: Error on
> rename of './xwiki_utf8_innodb/xwikifloats' to
> './xwiki_utf8_innodb/#sql2-dfb-6f91' (errno: 152)
> liquibase.exception.DatabaseException: Error executing SQL ALTER TABLE
> `xwikifloats` DROP FOREIGN KEY `FKFB291FBF1DFF14A1`: Error on rename of
> './xwiki_utf8_innodb/xwikifloats' to './xwiki_utf8_innodb/#sql2-dfb-6f91'
> (errno: 152)
>
>  Any ideas why this may happen?
>  Database is mysql 5.0.71.
>
>  PS: Interesting why Sergiu got mentioned in the logs :)

Yep that's not nice. Guys could we modify this please? I think Sergiu proposed to use a generic name instead like "xwiki". Is it really not allowed to have this empty or not use it in liquibase?

Thanks
-Vincent

_______________________________________________
users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.xwiki.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Possible upgrade 3.5.1 to 4.0 issue

Roman Muntyanu
In reply to this post by Roman Muntyanu
Hi again,

  I have tried upgrading with the most recent release (4.1.3) and seem to have a successful upgrade.
  However there are issues in the logs (full stack attached [1]), which make me think there may be issues with the installation in the end.

  So my DB name is "xwiki_utf8_innodb_413".

  1. 2012-07-14 23:56:15,392 [http://localhost/xwiki/bin/view/Main/WebHome] WARN  o.i.c.InfinispanConfiguration  - ISPN000139: Infinispan configuration schema could not be resolved locally nor fetched from URL. Local path=null, schema path=schema/infinispan-config-5.1.xsd, schema URL=http://www.infinispan.org/schemas/infinispan-config-5.1.xsd
  I believe schema will be created automatically and this error can be ignored, correct?

  2. 2012-07-14 23:56:18,251 [http://localhost/xwiki/bin/view/Main/WebHome] WARN  h.R40001XWIKI7540DataMigration - Skipping database [xwiki] because it uses a custom annotation class. Comments and anotations will remain separated
  This one is really weird because my db name is "xwiki_utf8_innodb_413" (and as you'll see in the logs the rest of upgrade items refer to name "xwiki_utf8_innodb_413". More over I'd really like to use merged comments and annotations feature.
What should I fix in order to merge comments and annotations?

  3. Then there's a bunch of info messages following next pattern
2012-07-14 23:56:35,897 [http://localhost/xwiki/bin/view/Main/WebHome] INFO  c.x.x.s.m.liquibase            - Change set liquibase.xml::R40000-000::sdumitriu failed, this error could be safely ignored until something worse happens.  Error: Error executing SQL ALTER TABLE `$table_name$` DROP FOREIGN KEY `$FOREING_KEY_ID$`: Error on rename of './xwiki_utf8_innodb_413/$table_name$' to './xwiki_utf8_innodb_413/#sql2-dfb-c08f' (errno: 152)
Where $table_name$ = {xwikiintegers, xwikistrings, xwikifloats, xwikidoubles, xwikilistitems, xwikidates, xwikilargestrings, xwikilists, xwikilongs, feeds_feedentrytags, feeds_aggregatorurlgroups}
Even though the message says "safely ignore", I tend not to trust it when I see words "failed" and "something worse might happen", because in IT it does happen.
So again how can I fix this message?

  4. And finally there's a bunch of deprecated methods used in the end:
method [com.xpn.xwiki.api.Util.parseInt] in unknown namespace@68,26
getter [com.xpn.xwiki.api.Util.getArrayList] in unknown namespace@788,35
method [com.xpn.xwiki.api.Util.parseInt] in unknown namespace@68,26
getter [com.xpn.xwiki.api.Util.getArrayList] in unknown namespace@788,35
Can they be fixed?

  5. Also one more question: after this serious migration, is there a way to find out that my database and application has a valid state? (I mean some other way than just start using and find an error after 2-3 weeks of adding pages, to find out that it wont be able to either downgrade or fix the issue)


[1] Full upgrade logs attached: db-migration.log
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Possible upgrade 3.5.1 to 4.0 issue

Eduard Moraru
Hi,

On Sun, Jul 15, 2012 at 11:56 AM, coldserenity <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Hi again,
>
>   I have tried upgrading with the most recent release (4.1.3) and seem to
> have a successful upgrade.
>   However there are issues in the logs (full stack attached [1]), which
> make
> me think there may be issues with the installation in the end.
>
>   So my DB name is "xwiki_utf8_innodb_413".
>
>   1. 2012-07-14 23:56:15,392 [http://localhost/xwiki/bin/view/Main/WebHome
> ]
> WARN  o.i.c.InfinispanConfiguration  - ISPN000139: Infinispan configuration
> schema could not be resolved locally nor fetched from URL. Local path=null,
> schema path=schema/infinispan-config-5.1.xsd, schema
> URL=http://www.infinispan.org/schemas/infinispan-config-5.1.xsd
>   I believe schema will be created automatically and this error can be
> ignored, correct?
>
>   2. 2012-07-14 23:56:18,251 [http://localhost/xwiki/bin/view/Main/WebHome
> ]
> WARN  h.R40001XWIKI7540DataMigration - Skipping database [xwiki] because it
> uses a custom annotation class. Comments and anotations will remain
> separated
>   This one is really weird because my db name is "xwiki_utf8_innodb_413"
> (and as you'll see in the logs the rest of upgrade items refer to name
> "xwiki_utf8_innodb_413"


As far as I know, the main wiki will always be named "xwiki", no matter
what actual database it is stored in (as specified in xwiki.cfg), so that
might be the reason for the string "xwiki" being used instead of
"xwiki_utf8_innodb_413".


> . More over I'd really like to use merged comments
> and annotations feature.
> What should I fix in order to merge comments and annotations?
>

This could be a bug [1] that I have unfortunately introduced in 4.1.3 while
trying to fix a corner case. There are 2 possibilities here:

1) You are indeed using a different annotation class for your existing
annotations. Please check that in AnnotationsCode.AnnotationConfig you are
using AnnotationCode.AnnotationClass as the current annotation class. If
you are using a custom annotation class, the migration can not migrate
custom annotations to comments and it can not execute, so you`ll have to
use annotations and comments separately.

2) You are using HSQLDB. In 4.1.3, the way the "fix" was implemented is not
working as intended for HSQLDB. It seems to work ok for MySQL though. It
should be properly fixed for 4.1.4 or 4.2. Please hang tight for the next
release. In this case, you might need to force the migration to run "again"
(since last time it was skipped unintentionally) by lowering the database
version back from 40001 to 40000 (previous version).

Thanks,
Eduard

----------
[1] http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-8062


>
>   3. Then there's a bunch of info messages following next pattern
> 2012-07-14 23:56:35,897 [http://localhost/xwiki/bin/view/Main/WebHome]
> INFO
> c.x.x.s.m.liquibase            - Change set
> liquibase.xml::R40000-000::sdumitriu failed, this error could be safely
> ignored until something worse happens.  Error: Error executing SQL ALTER
> TABLE `$table_name$` DROP FOREIGN KEY `$FOREING_KEY_ID$`: Error on rename
> of
> './xwiki_utf8_innodb_413/$table_name$' to
> './xwiki_utf8_innodb_413/#sql2-dfb-c08f' (errno: 152)
> Where $table_name$ = {xwikiintegers, xwikistrings, xwikifloats,
> xwikidoubles, xwikilistitems, xwikidates, xwikilargestrings, xwikilists,
> xwikilongs, feeds_feedentrytags, feeds_aggregatorurlgroups}
> Even though the message says "safely ignore", I tend not to trust it when I
> see words "failed" and "something worse might happen", because in IT it
> does
> happen.
> So again how can I fix this message?
>
>   4. And finally there's a bunch of deprecated methods used in the end:
> method [com.xpn.xwiki.api.Util.parseInt] in unknown namespace@68,26
> getter [com.xpn.xwiki.api.Util.getArrayList] in unknown namespace@788,35
> method [com.xpn.xwiki.api.Util.parseInt] in unknown namespace@68,26
> getter [com.xpn.xwiki.api.Util.getArrayList] in unknown namespace@788,35
> Can they be fixed?
>
>   5. Also one more question: after this serious migration, is there a way
> to
> find out that my database and application has a valid state? (I mean some
> other way than just start using and find an error after 2-3 weeks of adding
> pages, to find out that it wont be able to either downgrade or fix the
> issue)
>
>
> [1] Full upgrade logs attached:
> http://xwiki.475771.n2.nabble.com/file/n7580357/db-migration.log
> db-migration.log<http://xwiki.475771.n2.nabble.com/file/n7580357/db-migration.log%0Adb-migration.log>
>
> --
> View this message in context:
> http://xwiki.475771.n2.nabble.com/Possible-upgrade-3-5-1-to-4-0-issue-tp7528896p7580357.html
> Sent from the XWiki- Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
> _______________________________________________
> users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.xwiki.org/mailman/listinfo/users
>
_______________________________________________
users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.xwiki.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Possible upgrade 3.5.1 to 4.0 issue

Denis Gervalle-2
Hi Roman,

Sorry for my late answer. I have written most of this large migration, you
will find my comments interspersed below.

On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 5:27 PM, Eduard Moraru <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Sun, Jul 15, 2012 at 11:56 AM, coldserenity <[hidden email]
> >wrote:
>
> > Hi again,
> >
> >   I have tried upgrading with the most recent release (4.1.3) and seem to
> > have a successful upgrade.
> >   However there are issues in the logs (full stack attached [1]), which
> > make
> > me think there may be issues with the installation in the end.
> >
> >   So my DB name is "xwiki_utf8_innodb_413".
> >
> >   1. 2012-07-14 23:56:15,392 [
> http://localhost/xwiki/bin/view/Main/WebHome
> > ]
> > WARN  o.i.c.InfinispanConfiguration  - ISPN000139: Infinispan
> configuration
> > schema could not be resolved locally nor fetched from URL. Local
> path=null,
> > schema path=schema/infinispan-config-5.1.xsd, schema
> > URL=http://www.infinispan.org/schemas/infinispan-config-5.1.xsd
> >   I believe schema will be created automatically and this error can be
> > ignored, correct?
> >
> >   2. 2012-07-14 23:56:18,251 [
> http://localhost/xwiki/bin/view/Main/WebHome
> > ]
> > WARN  h.R40001XWIKI7540DataMigration - Skipping database [xwiki] because
> it
> > uses a custom annotation class. Comments and anotations will remain
> > separated
> >   This one is really weird because my db name is "xwiki_utf8_innodb_413"
> > (and as you'll see in the logs the rest of upgrade items refer to name
> > "xwiki_utf8_innodb_413"
>
>
> As far as I know, the main wiki will always be named "xwiki", no matter
> what actual database it is stored in (as specified in xwiki.cfg), so that
> might be the reason for the string "xwiki" being used instead of
> "xwiki_utf8_innodb_413".
>

I fully confirm that, the name used in the log are the wiki names and not
the database names. The main wiki is always called xwiki.


> > . More over I'd really like to use merged comments
> > and annotations feature.
> > What should I fix in order to merge comments and annotations?
> >
>
> This could be a bug [1] that I have unfortunately introduced in 4.1.3 while
> trying to fix a corner case. There are 2 possibilities here:
>
> 1) You are indeed using a different annotation class for your existing
> annotations. Please check that in AnnotationsCode.AnnotationConfig you are
> using AnnotationCode.AnnotationClass as the current annotation class. If
> you are using a custom annotation class, the migration can not migrate
> custom annotations to comments and it can not execute, so you`ll have to
> use annotations and comments separately.
>
> 2) You are using HSQLDB. In 4.1.3, the way the "fix" was implemented is not
> working as intended for HSQLDB. It seems to work ok for MySQL though. It
> should be properly fixed for 4.1.4 or 4.2. Please hang tight for the next
> release. In this case, you might need to force the migration to run "again"
> (since last time it was skipped unintentionally) by lowering the database
> version back from 40001 to 40000 (previous version).
>

You do not need to lower the database version. You may force any migration
to execute by adding a configuration in xwiki.cfg
For exemple, to force R40001XWIKI7540 migration to be executed again, you
add the following line to xwiki.cfg:

xwiki.store.migration.force=R40001XWIKI7540

Do not forget to remove it later.


>
> Thanks,
> Eduard
>
> ----------
> [1] http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-8062
>
>
> >
> >   3. Then there's a bunch of info messages following next pattern
> > 2012-07-14 23:56:35,897 [http://localhost/xwiki/bin/view/Main/WebHome]
> > INFO
> > c.x.x.s.m.liquibase            - Change set
> > liquibase.xml::R40000-000::sdumitriu failed, this error could be safely
> > ignored until something worse happens.  Error: Error executing SQL ALTER
> > TABLE `$table_name$` DROP FOREIGN KEY `$FOREING_KEY_ID$`: Error on rename
> > of
> > './xwiki_utf8_innodb_413/$table_name$' to
> > './xwiki_utf8_innodb_413/#sql2-dfb-c08f' (errno: 152)
> > Where $table_name$ = {xwikiintegers, xwikistrings, xwikifloats,
> > xwikidoubles, xwikilistitems, xwikidates, xwikilargestrings, xwikilists,
> > xwikilongs, feeds_feedentrytags, feeds_aggregatorurlgroups}
> > Even though the message says "safely ignore", I tend not to trust it
> when I
> > see words "failed" and "something worse might happen", because in IT it
> > does
> > happen.
> > So again how can I fix this message?
>

You cannot and you need not. This usually happen on MySQL database that
have been migrated from MyISAM engine to InnoDB engine. It only means that
dropping a constraint has failed, but if the constraint were not present,
this was not really an issue. These were blocking you in your initial
thread, and have been transformed in warning the latest release. Unless you
get other errors during migration due to the constraint being there and not
being properly dropped, this is not an issue in itself. So you should
really not care and be confident here. I have check your logs, and it shows
that the migration has been properly applied. Moreover, the missing
constraints had been added back and therefore the state of your database
has been improved.


> >
> >   4. And finally there's a bunch of deprecated methods used in the end:
> > method [com.xpn.xwiki.api.Util.parseInt] in unknown namespace@68,26
> > getter [com.xpn.xwiki.api.Util.getArrayList] in unknown namespace@788,35
> > method [com.xpn.xwiki.api.Util.parseInt] in unknown namespace@68,26
> > getter [com.xpn.xwiki.api.Util.getArrayList] in unknown namespace@788,35
> > Can they be fixed?
> >
> >   5. Also one more question: after this serious migration, is there a way
> > to
> > find out that my database and application has a valid state? (I mean some
> > other way than just start using and find an error after 2-3 weeks of
> adding
> > pages, to find out that it wont be able to either downgrade or fix the
> > issue)
>

You may use the sanity check script available at
http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/AdminGuide/Database+Administrationor
the Admin Tools Application in version 3.0 or later at
http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Admin+Tools+Application
.
Both will execute the same sanity checks. Please note that inconsistencies
being there before the migration will still be there after the migration.
So it is good to check the database before migration and after migration,
and it should not reveal an increase of the inconsistencies.
This is really a good check that ensure the database consistency has not
been affected.

Regards,


>  >
> >
> > [1] Full upgrade logs attached:
> > http://xwiki.475771.n2.nabble.com/file/n7580357/db-migration.log
> > db-migration.log<
> http://xwiki.475771.n2.nabble.com/file/n7580357/db-migration.log%0Adb-migration.log
> >
> >
> > --
> > View this message in context:
> >
> http://xwiki.475771.n2.nabble.com/Possible-upgrade-3-5-1-to-4-0-issue-tp7528896p7580357.html
> > Sent from the XWiki- Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
> > _______________________________________________
> > users mailing list
> > [hidden email]
> > http://lists.xwiki.org/mailman/listinfo/users
> >
> _______________________________________________
> users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.xwiki.org/mailman/listinfo/users
>



--
Denis Gervalle
SOFTEC sa - CEO
eGuilde sarl - CTO
_______________________________________________
users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.xwiki.org/mailman/listinfo/users