Postgresql Dump

Jesse Bright
I am attempting to follow the backup instructions but no matter what I do all connections to the database fail with the following error, or similar:

pg_dump: [archiver (db)] connection to database "xwiki" failed: FATAL:  Peer authentication failed for user “xwiki"

I have double checked the username and password in provided in the hibernate.cfg.xml file. Is there a connection permission issue I am missing?

Reagards,

Jesse

Re: Postgresql Dump

Jesse Bright
So I found a workaround to this issue by switching to the Postgres user. I am not sure if this normal or appropriate but just preface all postgresql commands with:

sudo -u postgres <command>

Regards,

Jesse